Will Adley Rutschman be on the Opening Day roster?

Frobby

Will Adley Rutschman be on the Opening Day roster?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Will Adley Rutschman be on the Opening Day roster

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/06/22 at 02:19

10 hours ago, Frobby said:

No, age 30 is the “extra” year gained if he doesn’t get a full season this year.   
Year 1 - age 24

Yesr 2 - age 25

Year 3 - age 26

Year 4 - age 27

Year 5 - age 28

Year 6 - age 29

Year 7 (FA or “extra” year) - age 30

Yep, you're right. So much for counting on my fingers! lol.. Either way, the point remains. 

Either way,  think he's traded or signed long term before the Orioles let him walk as a FA. 

Robinson Chirinos, for better or for worse, is a capable veteran backup catcher who could easily hold down the position for a few weeks.  I'm hoping that the incentive of a draft pick and the desire to stoke the fan base will nevertheless prompt the O's to put Adley on the opening day roster.

I voted yes, even though I think it's a real possibility the organization could let us down and keep him off the Opening Day roster. I was hoping the new agreement would discourage teams from doing that, but it sounds like that's not the case. I'll be very upset if he earns a roster spot for Opening Day but doesn't make the team for whatever reason they come up with.

10 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

If the O's/Elias were worried about looking bad, we wouldn't have had the last couple of years.

I agree. They've been pretty tactical about everything, PR be damned. I think they keep him down.

• Upvote 1

On 3/11/2022 at 8:16 PM, Pickles said:

Count me as one who hates this new rule.  As is already apparent in the nature of these considerations, they haven't removed "manipulating" service time; they have merely altered the manipulation.

To Frobby's OP, I think with this new rule AR does start on the opening day roster.

Does anyone know where the draft pick falls?  All I've heard is draft pick.

What's going to be even crazier is when we have writers openly suggest that they are casting their votes in a certain way to punish some team for attempting to manipulate service time or something like that

• Upvote 1

With Tatis injured and if the Padres open the season with CJ Abrams at SS, that adds another top bat to the ROY calculus.  At some point you just disregard the ROY competition game theory and just roll out your guys.  Hard for a C to put up the stats with AB limits to compete ROY votes.

Just now, btdart20 said:

With Tatis injured and if the Padres open the season with CJ Abrams at SS, that adds another top bat to the ROY calculus.  At some point you just disregard the ROY competition game theory and just roll out your guys.  Hard for a C to put up the stats with AB limits to compete ROY votes.

The voters do theoretically know that a guy is a catcher and will play less often.

They don't expect pitchers to appear in a 140 games.

8 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

Abrams plays in the NL. 

• Upvote 1