DL Hall 2022

Tony-OH

He promises to be exciting and frustrating. I think his development might be best served by coming up, struggling a bit, and then going back down to work on things. He's an incredible talent, but he needs to significantly improve his command. He's got amazing stuff, but he's more of a thrower than a pitcher (at this point). 

11 minutes ago, UMDTerrapins said:

He promises to be exciting and frustrating. I think his development might be best served by coming up, struggling a bit, and then going back down to work on things. He's an incredible talent, but he needs to significantly improve his command. He's got amazing stuff, but he's more of a thrower than a pitcher (at this point). 

Or have Hall talk to Zimmermann and Kremer and find out what they had to go through first. See if that helps. 

6 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

Or have Hall talk to Zimmermann and Kremer and find out what they had to go through first. See if that helps. 

Certainly. And Bradish too. I've said it before, but Randy Johnson was pretty much a .500 pitcher until he had been in the league for 5 years. When he finally got command and got his BB/IP under 4, he became a hall of Famer. But it took that long for him to "get it". Hall has a lot of different finishes with his mechanics, which to me is a red flag for a starter. If he wants to come out in the 9th inning throwing bullets and sweeping sliders, he'll have a nice career doing that, and he's ready for that today. The raw stuff is so good that he hasn't had to master location to have success in the minors. If he wants to be an elite starter though, he's got a good ways to go in my opinion. 

3 hours ago, UMDTerrapins said:

Certainly. And Bradish too. I've said it before, but Randy Johnson was pretty much a .500 pitcher until he had been in the league for 5 years. When he finally got command and got his BB/IP under 4, he became a hall of Famer. But it took that long for him to "get it". Hall has a lot of different finishes with his mechanics, which to me is a red flag for a starter. If he wants to come out in the 9th inning throwing bullets and sweeping sliders, he'll have a nice career doing that, and he's ready for that today. The raw stuff is so good that he hasn't had to master location to have success in the minors. If he wants to be an elite starter though, he's got a good ways to go in my opinion. 

Waze does help with location.

• Like 1

Hall pitched around a lot of BS in the 3rd.  First batter reached on catcher’s interference, later got to 3B on a throwing error on a bunt single, putting runners on 1st and 3rd with one out.  But he K’d the next batter and got the third out on a fly out. 

1 minute ago, emmett16 said:

Still struggling locating the off speed pitches, but has managed 29-46 with 6ks and no BBs through 3ip.  Doing it against a pretty good Gwinnett lineup.  

Oldest team in the league, 28.5 average and full of guys who’ve played in the majors.  

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Hall pitched around a lot of BS in the 3rd.  First batter reached on catcher’s interference, later got to 3B on a throwing error on a bunt single, putting runners on 1st and 3rd with one out.  But he K’d the next batter and got the third out on a fly out. 

Nottingham at Catcher.  Gutierrez (1B) with the error on the bunt.

Edited by Can_of_corn