Bradish to the IL

waroriole

5 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Bradish still showing as Saturday's starter, but obviously won't start.  Is Vallimont Saturday starter or just a guess?

I have no clue.  I just know that he had one great AA start and got a quick promotion to AAA.   Seems like he might be one good AAA start from getting the call.   Maybe he doesn't even need the one good AAA start.

6 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Bradish still showing as Saturday's starter, but obviously won't start.  Is Vallimont Saturday starter or just a guess?

Watkins was pulled after 1 inning Tuesday in Norfolk so that he could go on 3 days rest Saturday.   I fully expect it to be him tomorrow.

42 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I believe the rotation is now:

Lyles

Wells

Kremer

???

???

Seems like the O's need to acquire another starter.  Think AAAA type.  Giving up some marginal prospect like Bannon or minor league bullpen arm.  Can't have 2 bullpen games a week.

3 starters, 10 relievers. Is the silver lining in that we become more like the Rays?

4 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Yeah!  Have alternate activities planned instead of watching Saturday's game.  It could get ugly. 

It's baseball.   Lots of people thought Sunday would be ugly with Voth going on short notice, and it turned out to be an exciting victory.

Any time we have a questionable starter going, the "it could get ugly" type comments abound.   And often it does.   But plenty of times it doesn't.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SteveA said:

Watkins was pulled after 1 inning Tuesday in Norfolk so that he could go on 3 days rest Saturday.   I fully expect it to be him tomorrow.

You are likely correct. Watkins is the only player currently on the taxi squad in Chicago.

4 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I believe the rotation is now:

Lyles

Wells

Kremer

???

???

Seems like the O's need to acquire another starter.  Think AAAA type.  Giving up some marginal prospect like Bannon or minor league bullpen arm.  Can't have 2 bullpen games a week.

Nah we are just going to trade off our bullpen pieces for more marginal prospect types. You know we need more 35-40 FC guys 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2022 at 5:20 PM, waroriole said:

Starting him to build back innings is good, but at what point do we convert him to a reliever for the rest of this year?  Right now we have Zimmerman, Harvey, and Hall as SP options as well. Not the best depth, but still some depth. It would be nice to see what Bradish can do in 1-2 IP outings.