2022 1st Round Pick (#1): Jackson Holliday, - SS - Stillwater HS (OK)

32 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I saw the Heyman tweet about "a touch" and the only thing I wondered about was how thin a slice would the Economic Analyst cut.    If I was a great ballplayer and there was another ballplayer about as great as me, a delta that small isn't something I'd care about getting.

I thought Druw was 8.184mm though; if so Holliday 8.19mm is a more respectable 60K.

Edit - googling I didn't have all the decimal places memorized...Druw 8.1894mm.    I think difference still works out to thousands though.

Well, it's 8,189,400 vs 8,190,000 in the tweet posted but Holliday could be rounded since decimals aren't posted.    But the numbers posted above are $600 different. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, jerios55 said:

Well, it's 8,189,400 vs 8,190,000 in the tweet posted but Holliday could be rounded since decimals aren't posted.    But the numbers posted above are $600 different. 

Darn those Owners and their false precision with those slots, and my messing up at how decimals of millions map to thousands and hundreds.

At least we didn't go 8,189,400.01, or even....

Glad Jackson is signed....go play ball!!

4 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Darn those Owners and their false precision with those slots, and my messing up at how decimals of millions map to thousands and hundreds.

At least we didn't go 8,189,400.01, or even....

Glad Jackson is signed....go play ball!!

Glad it's done.   Boras gets a record deal.  Everyone can be happy. 

I think I said he would get something in the 7.8-8.2 range.

Figured it would be $500K+ in savings.

Good deal.  Glad it’s done.  Good savings for other signings.  Probably could have had Jones for similar money, so no savings between the 2.

Further evidence they got the guy they valued as the best player on the board.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Snutchy said:

It is for a high schooler. Torkelson played college.

Gotcha. Missed that distinction. Have never seen that as a consideration for biggest signing record. Obviously it is gradually going to increase over time as the draft slots (and inflation) increase. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MurphDogg said:

Gotcha. Missed that distinction. Have never seen that as a consideration for biggest signing record. Obviously it is gradually going to increase over time as the draft slots (and inflation) increase. 

Me either. I realized it like 20 minutes ago.  lol