Just a guess

BirdMan

You can laugh at me tomorrow.

I am guessing Ramon Urias pulled because he will be traded to the Astros to be a replacement for Altuve until he is ready.

I also think we have been looking to trade him so that we could make room for Jordan Westburg. Westburg is more than ready.

Okay you can laugh at me now. I'm just saying. Go O's

16 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

Nope...they pulled Urias so close to the end of ST so they could justify the Frazier signing.

Sorry. I had to do it .

There is no justification for the Frazier signing other than he is a left handed hitter.

Also Frazier was in the lineup before Urais was pulled.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, BirdMan said:

There is no justification for the Frazier signing other than he is a left handed hitter.

Also Frazier was in the lineup before Urais was pulled.

Unfortunately my sense of humor can be dry. It was merely a joke. I've seen some folks suggest on here that they signed Frazier to the 2nd highest contract on the team as an insurance policy for Urias and his knee.

1 hour ago, oriole said:

It’ll be interesting to see how the infield playing time shakes out. But too many good infielders is a good problem to have

The only issue is when you play inferior options over the better ones. I'm okay going into the season with the Frazier, Urias, Mateo and Henderson all splitting 3 spots (assuming Henderson plays every day save for a very occasional day off at either SS or 3B). That said, by mid-May if Frazier has a 80ish OPS+, I hope he is relegated to a back-up role and if by the same time, we haven't seen any offensive growth from Mateo the same thing happens...and we see Westburg in the Majors. 

14 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

The only issue is when you play inferior options over the better ones. I'm okay going into the season with the Frazier, Urias, Mateo and Henderson all splitting 3 spots (assuming Henderson plays every day save for a very occasional day off at either SS or 3B). That said, by mid-May if Frazier has a 80ish OPS+, I hope he is relegated to a back-up role and if by the same time, we haven't seen any offensive growth from Mateo the same thing happens...and we see Westburg in the Majors. 

What if Frazier is sitting around his average 95 OPS+ with plus defense for about 2 WAR pace? This is the scenario I'm most afraid of, because it's entirely plausible and then it's much harder to make the case for the prospects. Westburg could outperform that, but he might not, and it wouldn't seem right to punish Frazier for doing the job we are paying him to do. 

I guess the idea is that the odds of all of Frazier, Urias, and Mateo performing at a high level are pretty low so you have to figure Westburg will bump at least one of them? 

3 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

What if Frazier is sitting around his average 95 OPS+ with plus defense for about 2 WAR pace? This is the scenario I'm most afraid of, because it's entirely plausible and then it's much harder to make the case for the prospects. Westburg could outperform that, but he might not, and it wouldn't seem right to punish Frazier for doing the job we are paying him to do. 

I guess the idea is that the odds of all of Frazier, Urias, and Mateo performing at a high level are pretty low so you have to figure Westburg will bump at least one of them? 

This. Plus adding in the inevitable injuries. An injury to any of these guys could open up the door. Same with Mountcastle or Hays. I know we have Cowser as a likely call up for OF injuries, but depending on how things shake out you also could see Frazier play more OF and Westburg get the call.