Tigers Time

Just Regular

All 7 of our games with them come in the next 10.

They are 7-10 after opening 2-9; only a Jose Ramirez 3-run HR yesterday stopped them from arriving on a 6-game winning streak as they helpfully gave Cleveland some losses.

Lorenzen, Wentz and Boyd give them two lefties in the series for Walltimore help, and I guess Cedric batting last or a Ryan McKenna appearance.

Its just Lorenzen's second turn of the year after a groin strain late in camp cost him a couple weeks.     Lorenzen at 1/8.5 and Boyd at 1/10 this past offseason were very Kyle Gibson adjacent opportunities not elected by Elias.     Wentz and Boyd the lefties are the ones it looks like we will see both here and in Detroit next weekend.

Forgot to mention Tyler Nevin getting some run, and even hit 2nd twice in the past week.

Miguel Cabrera and Jonathan Schoop also have not retired/been designated for assignment yet, though Hinch was precise that Schoop would only play sporadically except against LHP, so I guess tough break for him Tyler Wells has taken Cole Irvin's job.

Tyler Wells is not not not allowed to yield Kerry Carpenter a HR tomorrow night please, even if it means risking a walk.

Edited by Just Regular

When the Orioles visited Detroit last year, they had won four of their last five and six of their last eight, bringing their record to 14-18.  The Tigers had lost three in a row and nine of their last 10 and were sporting a record of 9-23.  Looked like they were going to be easy pickings.

And Detroit swept the series.  The Orioles ended up winning only one of six games against the Tigers last year, their worst record against any opponent.

Definitely don't want to look past these guys this weekend.

• Upvote 2

I saw that the Tigers are last in the majors in runs scored (57) and 29th in BA (.218) and OPS (.621).   Also, the O’s are 6-0 in series openers so far this year.

All of which means the Tigers are probably due to clobber us tonight.   

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, clapdiddy said:

Pretty amazing how well the O's did in that draft.  Kjerstad, Westburg, Mayo, Baumler, Haskin...not a bad group.

Yea.  I wouldn’t have taken Kjerstad (preferred Veen) but Kjerstad was option 1a there.

I still find it funny how people cried over passing on Martin.

That said, Tork and Martin were the consensus top 2 guys in that draft and Martin looks like a complete bust and Tork is off to a bad ML start to his career. 

Bad year to pick 1. Taking a first baseman with the first pick is a big meh to me.

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yea.  I wouldn’t have taken Kjerstad (preferred Veen) but Kjerstad was option 1a there.

I still find it funny how people cried over passing on Martin.

That said, Tork and Martin were the consensus top 2 guys in that draft and Martin looks like a complete bust and Tork is off to a bad ML start to his career. 

Bad year to pick 1. Taking a first baseman with the first pick is a big meh to me.

I think it's a sign of a weak draft at the top when a R/R 1B goes 1-1.

Funny how often scouts get the plus bat tool wrong, even with college guys.

I did think he'd walk more than he has.