Jack Cust

PlumOriole

What was your argument for Cust that led you to being bashed?

Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I think I recall you attributing his powerless Ottawa days to the weather and/or change of approach forced upon him etc... If that is the case I don't see the relevance as the pre-surgery Cust was not ever going to be a successful major leaguer regardless of how wise the organization that picked him up was. He simply was not going to stick with anyone as long as he had a SLG% in the .425 range.

Now if you said the Orioles should keep Cust and get him medical attention to fix his wrists then you would deserve an "I told you so" moment.

People said he was no good...The whole MiL stats mean nothing argument..Blah blah blah..Same bs we hear now, just different players.

People said he was no good...The whole MiL stats mean nothing argument..Blah blah blah..Same bs we hear now, just different players.

I agree that is a stupid argument in general but when it comes to Cust his stats in other organizations *was* meaningless as he wasn't hurt when he put those numbers up. We have better options in the AAA right now (Knott/House) than we had in an injured Cust. Those that argue that they shouldn't be given a shot because of MiL stats not meaning anything are dead wrong but again, that was not the issue w/Cust... Health was.

Archived