2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

Mountcastle and Hays should each be sitting a few days a week against righties.  Mullins and Santander should also get the occasional day off.  The only thing I can think of is that it’s the 2nd game and we were off yesterday.  Theoretically there should be plenty of opportunities for Cowser to play.

It will be interesting to see if any patterns emerge on pitcher/pitch type re: which players start vs RHPs.  Not as simple/straightforward as LHP handedness.  I suspect Sig models have preferences for guys like Hays, Mounty, Westburg, Urias and which type of RHP (and specific pitches, pitch spin) they excel or struggle conversely.  And then we’ll see Cowser deployed accordingly, beyond just rotational rest for Santander, Hays, etc. 

Edited by Say O!

43 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We went with O’Hearn over Cowser. Urias over Mateo. Hard to argue with that. O’Hearn smoked a ball on OD. Cowser has a role on this team. He just will have to get ABs once we start resting players vs RHP. 

We also went with Hays and Mountcastle over Cowser

Kemp is also not in, for those of you who wanted to think he was going to start against RH and move Westburg to the bench. So don’t just focus on what you perceive as the negative aspect here. 

Also, it’s the second freaking game. Relax. At least we have a lineup that has good players up and down, regardless of who they are specifically. Pat Valaika could be batting seventh followed by Pedro Severino, in case you don’t remember. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Kemp is also not in, for those of you who wanted to think he was going to start against RH and move Westburg to the bench. So don’t just focus on what you perceive as the negative aspect here. 

Also, it’s the second freaking game. Relax. At least we have a lineup that has good players up and down, regardless of who they are specifically. Pat Valaika could be batting seventh followed by Pedro Severino, in case you don’t remember. 

Yeah, while I would prefer Cowser over Hays, I’m cool with this lineup. Glad Westburg is in there.