What is up with Mac Horvath?

DocJJ

2 hits in 29 at-bats?   I feel bad for him- what a rough start to the year.   He hit pretty well last year so I assume he'll heat up at some point but that is a slump and a half...

25 minutes ago, DocJJ said:

2 hits in 29 at-bats?   I feel bad for him- what a rough start to the year.   He hit pretty well last year so I assume he'll heat up at some point but that is a slump and a half...

Almost Jackson Holliday levels of futility 🤦‍♂️

What is with this organization and it's horrible drafting?!?

*sarcasm off

I heard he worked out with Austin Hays and Chris Davis in the offseason.  😏

The slash line is bad, but he’s only struck out 8 times in 36 PA, and he’s walked 7 times.   So, I’m chalking this up to some bad BABIP luck and maybe just some trouble squaring up the baseball early in the year.  It should straighten out.  

• Upvote 2

He seems to be doing his best Max Wagner impression. Wagner got off to absolutely horrid start in Aberdeen as well last year and never really fully recovered. Let's hope that not the same with Horvath. Still very early, but I've been following his struggles so far.

14 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

He seems to be doing his best Max Wagner impression. Wagner got off to absolutely horrid start in Aberdeen as well last year and never really fully recovered. Let's hope that not the same with Horvath. Still very early, but I've been following his struggles so far.

Speaking of Wagner, where is he?   Apparently out with an injury of some kind...?   

Aberdeen is also known as a tough place on hitters for some reason.  I wonder if it's sight lines or wind or something.   Many bats go there to die.....

15 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Where is Max Wagner by the way? Is he hurt? 

EDIT: Ha, jinx @doccat

Edited by interloper

8 minutes ago, doccat said:

Speaking of Wagner, where is he?   Apparently out with an injury of some kind...?   

Aberdeen is also known as a tough place on hitters for some reason.  I wonder if it's sight lines or wind or something.   Many bats go there to die.....

He's on the Bowie IL. Not sure what is injury is unfortunately. 

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

I heard he worked out with Austin Hays and Chris Davis in the offseason.  😏

The slash line is bad, but he’s only struck out 8 times in 36 PA, and he’s walked 7 times.   So, I’m chalking this up to some bad BABIP luck and maybe just some trouble squaring up the baseball early in the year.  It should straighten out.  

Yeah, not worried.   Learning two new positions, some early season bad weather.   It does look like he bulked up over the winter.  I almost wonder if he over did it.   

20 minutes ago, doccat said:

I had asked about Wagner in the Bowie thread and got no response.  He was listed on their break camp roster.

EDIT - Ack, should have read the whole thread. 

Edited by glenn__davis

4 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Funny, because I always mix up those two players.  Max and Mac.  

32 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Funny, because I always mix up those two players.  Max and Mac.  

They're easy to get mixed up. Close first names, 2nd round picks, bat first, right-handed hitting power hitting third baseman. Both are 6-foot tall, from the ACC, hit 20+ homers their junior seasons. Both got a taste of Aberdeen in their draft year, and both started their first full seasons there, struggling mightily early on. Both have been tried at 2B as well at 3B.

I'll be honest, they're basically the same guy. It's like Elias was like, let me get two of these guys and hope one makes it!  :D

• Haha 2