One thing that I saw that I liked

I'm not sure how long this has been going on, but they showed Kremer warming up in the bullpen before the game yesterday.  The entire pitching staff was behind him, watching him warm up, leaning on the railings.

Goes to show how tight knit of a team it is, I do believe Melanie said this is a tradition now.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Definitely a tight knit bunch, makes them that much more fun to watch and root for.

I also liked Cowser in the mic last night.  Nothing major there but its clear he's a guy who talks himself through just about everything he does, which I found interesting in the little bits they gave us.

23 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm not sure how long this has been going on, but they showed Kremer warming up in the bullpen before the game yesterday.  The entire pitching staff was behind him, watching him warm up, leaning on the railings.

Goes to show how tight knit of a team it is, I do believe Melanie said this is a tradition now.

I may be wrong, but I think they were doing this last season. It seems like they briefly highlighted it during one of the broadcasts last year.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, brooks1083 said:

I may be wrong, but I think they were doing this last season. It seems like they briefly highlighted it during one of the broadcasts last year.

They been doing this. I’ve watched a few of the bullpens and the starters are all hanging around.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, brooks1083 said:

I thought that as well.

It's a great group to watch and root for; a bunch of young guys who came up together, along with some survivors of the Dark Times, on a mission to turn around a moribund franchise. I really hope that this particular group, with fairly minimal modifications, is able to finish the job; as opposed to requiring a significant influx of mercenary help from the outside. Not that I'd turn the other scenario down, but winning with this group would have a special vibe to it that you wouldn't be able to recreate. 

21 hours ago, IPlayGM said:

It’s impossible not to love this team…

Unless you are a Yankee or Red Sox fan.  For instance, I do not like the Yankees.  But if some of the guys were on the O's then I would think they are great and would love having them on the team.  Last year, I like what Hicks did for the O's when he arrived.  I think players like Judge, Mariano Rivera, etc., are classy players and I would have loved having them play for the O's, but they played for the Yankees.

18 minutes ago, harp6 said:

Unless you are a Yankee or Red Sox fan.  For instance, I do not like the Yankees.  But if some of the guys were on the O's then I would think they are great and would love having them on the team.  Last year, I like what Hicks did for the O's when he arrived.  I think players like Judge, Mariano Rivera, etc., are classy players and I would have loved having them play for the O's, but they played for the Yankees.

Funny you should mention this.  I was thinking about how much I like Aaron Judge.   Seems like a good dude...you don't see him showing up umps or staring at opposing pitchers.   Despite the fact that I loathe the Yankees, they do seem like they bring in high-character guys.   Not sure about Soto...he seem like a bit of a prima donna.  

The camaraderie has come a long ways since the Bedard and Aubrey Huff days, though I don't put it past one of the goofballs to wear something exciting from Victoria's Secret under their pants just to keep guys loose. 

Just now, NashLumber said:

The camaraderie has come a long ways since the Bedard and Aubrey Huff days, though I don't put it past one of the goofballs to wear something exciting from Victoria's Secret under their pants just to keep guys loose. 

I've never heard anything bad about Bedard as a teammate.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I've never heard anything bad about Bedard as a teammate.

I didn't say bad, but he clearly was not like these guys, ie. all fun and lightness. 

"You probably know him as well as I do," Jamie Burke said.

How is that possible? Burke was Bedard's "personal" catcher for a while, and I assumed he knew him better than anyone in the clubhouse. Not so. Burke was his impersonal catcher -- he doesn't hang out with him away from the ballpark.

"I know he goes out and pitches and we work together, but other than that, Erik's Erik," Burke said."

Orioles pitching coach Leo Mazzone:

He doesn't have time for meaningless conversation. He doesn't like to play many games."

Edited by NashLumber
text color
  • Upvote 1