That pesky chemistry thing

Moose Milligan

Papelbon is annoying. Your team is really strong if one player can destory the entire team chemistry. I really hope Boston doesn't make the playoffs. I rather the Yankees make it over them.

Agreed, this guy has been around for a minute and he's bad mouthing a 12 time All Star. Manny is no angel but I hate it it when players bad mouth each other after they leave. It's in the past, "man", let it go.

I'm not sure why Paps is so easy to dislike.

Is it that anus mouth of his while he stares intently for the signs?

Is it those beady eyes? Or the fist pumps?

If Baby Jesus loves me, we'll light Papelbon up like a government Christmas tree this year.

I'm sure Jon Lester loves the cancer metaphor, too.

That's what I was thinking. I'd like to see Lester light him up for that. You don't throw that kind of stuff around when your teammate and one of your better pitchers has survived cancer and worked hard to get back to the game.

I don't really have an opinion (til now) on Papelbon, but I commend him for saying what probably everyone else was thinking. Manny is a flake, and plays at all or at least plays hard, when he damn well feels like it. Sure he is a game changer, but only when he feels like it.

If I was Jon Lester I don't think I would appreciate Papelbon's comment. ;)

I was just about to type the same thing but looked down and saw you already had taken the words right from my mouth. Seriously, people who are healthy really don't realize the tremendous horror and suffering that go along with serious diseases. I'm not usually a big stickler on being politically correct, but as a sufferer of Ulcerative Colitis, this is one point where I draw the line.

Archived