Has anyone fallen?

Stassi's the 23rd or so rated prospect? I take him if he's there for our next pick. ;)

Considering Wieters and Joseph, who a lot in the organzation think can be a backup catcher in the majors, this wouldnt really make a lot of sense unless they move Wieters to 1b in 4 yrs or so....

Considering Wieters and Joseph, who a lot in the organzation think can be a backup catcher in the majors, this wouldnt really make a lot of sense unless they move Wieters to 1b in 4 yrs or so....

You can never have enough good catching prospects. Catchers always seem to have to change positions so it's rare to get a true catcher.

Bailey and Stassi should both be able to remain behind the plate...

You can never have a shortage of catchers. Just like pitchers, they could get hurt at any time. They are also at a premium across the league and make for great trade bait. Both guys wouldn't be ready for 4-5 years anyway, so who knows where Wieters or Joseph will be by then.

I still think that baseball is not like football. You draft the best player available no matter what you have. I would love a 2-3 great catchers in the system. Catchers wear down all the time. Injuries happen. Plus wouldn't it be great to have great catchers in the minors to catch our young pitchers? When you are debating the first 3-7 picks of the first round then maybe you think position, but after that draft the best person left. Time will tell, especially if a person is a HS player.

Archived