How come the Blue Jays can be competitive and the Orioles can't?

keysersose

The oriole  owners have no intention of putting together a World Series team. The organization constantly grabs rocks in hopes of finding gems.. hasn't worked for last 34 years.  Some years just competitive enough to generate excitement, hope & interest to put butts in the seats & $$$. Pitching is pathetic, hitting is anemic with K king Davis.. can't even put a ball in play. I would bet he has had 2 games that he made a positive impact. What a bust & Trumbo right there with him. Dump Davis, Jimenez & Tillman, get some contact hitters & quality pitching.. but that would cost money and that's not going to happen.. so expect another 34 yrs of mediocrity. If your an O's fan watch baseball for the love of the game certainly won't be watching a winner.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

This might be the most asinine resuscitation of a thread that I've ever seen.  

o

Their win tonight does give them a 68-77 record for the season. That's more competitive than the 71-74 Orioles.

o

6 hours ago, ORIOLE33 said:

But he's right. Do any of you see any daylight. The goal is to win a championship. Not squeeze into the playoffs every now and then.

What is your formula? You certainly have the right to criticize their moves but to act like they aren't trying is wrong.  

12 hours ago, Gman!! said:

The oriole  owners have no intention of putting together a World Series team. The organization constantly grabs rocks in hopes of finding gems.. hasn't worked for last 34 years.  Some years just competitive enough to generate excitement, hope & interest to put butts in the seats & $$$. Pitching is pathetic, hitting is anemic with K king Davis.. can't even put a ball in play. I would bet he has had 2 games that he made a positive impact. What a bust & Trumbo right there with him. Dump Davis, Jimenez & Tillman, get some contact hitters & quality pitching.. but that would cost money and that's not going to happen.. so expect another 34 yrs of mediocrity. If your an O's fan watch baseball for the love of the game certainly won't be watching a winner.

What the hell dude. You don't res a thread from 2006. This is an 11 year old thread. What are you doing? 

5 hours ago, eddie83 said:

What is your formula? You certainly have the right to criticize their moves but to act like they aren't trying is wrong.  

This pains me to say, but we might be better if we trade Manny for a hull of prospects. Just look at the Indians. They probably don't have anyone as good as Manny, but they have a collection of good young players. That could be us in a few years.

12 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

Their win tonight does give them a 68-77 record for the season. That's more competitive than the 71-74 Orioles.

o

And they spent about 14 million more dollars than the O's to get those wins (well, at least in opening day payroll...they may have shed some payroll while the O's took on some payroll during the season). 

11 hours ago, flyhighbirds said:

Sorry,  but I don't see bringing this thread back is ridiculous at all.   Maybe it will wake up some people in the  Orioles front office that it is past time to start rebuilding.     

You honestly think Angelos would pay attention to what fans think? 

14 hours ago, Frobby said:

This might be the most asinine resuscitation of a thread that I've ever seen.  

13 hours ago, ORIOLE33 said:

But he's right. Do any of you see any daylight. The goal is to win a championship. Not squeeze into the playoffs every now and then.

1 hour ago, interloper said:

What the hell dude. You don't res a thread from 2006. This is an 11 year old thread. What are you doing? 

1 hour ago, Gman!! said:

Oooh didn't realize that old.. but still true today.. sigh very sad!!

My only point about the resuscitation of this thread being asinine is that it's a super-old thread and its point really is unrelated to your current points.   In 2006, the O's were in the midst of an 9th straight losing season, whereas the Jays were having an 87-win season.     Thus, it was fair to ask why the Jays were able to do better than us.    But today, the Jays are in last place, and we've won more games and been to the playoffs more times than they have over the last six years, so this thread doesn't really pertain at all to the current situation.

So, I don't really have a problem with the opinions you expressed in your post, I just thought they were misplaced in this thread from 11 years ago in a very different situation.   

Archived