Oscar goes to..The Padres for RP Cla Meredith

pasadena

If they put him on the 40 man, they have his rights for the next 5 seasons if they want to tender him a contract.

He's out of options. Just like us, if they want to send him to the minors they will have to expose him to waivers.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with you, but they scouted the guy. They apparently think he can at least hold his own. Like I said they really really wanted a cheap bat with some versatility, even if the defensive value wasn't there.

I didn't say it was smart. ;)

It's very smart. Towers needed a cheap versitile power bat off the bench. In that role, his defense isn't as important as his offense. He turned a declining bullpen arm into a useful cheap spare part that can help them win LT.

MacPhail could learn from Towers...

It's very smart. Towers needed a cheap versitile power bat off the bench. In that role, his defense isn't as important as his offense. He turned a declining bullpen arm into a useful cheap spare part that can help them win LT.

MacPhail could learn from Towers...

:laughlol:

He's out of options. Just like us, if they want to send him to the minors they will have to expose him to waivers.

What I mean is he can stick on the 25 man roster. He isn't a FA after this season if he's on the ML roster.

I think it's safe to say that there is more opportunity to pinch hit the NL than there is in the AL. With the fair number of corner-position prospects in the San Diego system, I'd be surprised if Salazar ends-up as any sort of long-term solution anywhere. I think he'll be a useful piece for them for a year or two, but likely not when they are competing again.

I think it's safe to say that there is more opportunity to pinch hit the NL than there is in the AL. With the fair number of corner-position prospects in the San Diego system, I'd be surprised if Salazar ends-up as any sort of long-term solution anywhere. I think he'll be a useful piece for them for a year or two, but likely not when they are competing again.

If Trembley used his bench properly, Salazar would have had more opportunities. This was only a roster crunch because the Orioles decided to make it one IMO.

Go ahead and laugh but Towers' Gonzalez and Young trade from Texas was a ripoff of epic proportions...

The guy isn't one of the most respected GM's in the game for nothing...

It's just odd to say that "MacPhail can learn from Towers" when MacPhail won a World Series as a GM a decade before Towers even got his first GM job.

Go ahead and laugh but Towers' Gonzalez and Young trade from Texas was a ripoff of epic proportions...

Reputations don't matter all that much. It's a pretty simple deal, it's basically a solid trade for both sides. We trade a 31 year old journeyman bit part at probably his peak value for an ok reliever that they don't want, who also happens to have an option remaining. They get a guy who can hit and can nominally play a lot of positions where they've had injuries and poor performance.

Yea, McPhail was totally channeling Towers when he pulled off the Bedard for and All Star CF, All Star Closer and the second best pitching prospect in baseball.

Yea, McPhail was totally channeling Towers when he pulled off the Bedard for and All Star CF, All Star Closer and the second best pitching prospect in baseball.

Just wait and see what Towers will turn Gonzalez into...

And I hope we are the ones that give it to him.

This seems like as good a time as any to ask this question...

I've been trying to figure out how to put JTrea on blocked for a while but can't figure it out. It's probably something simple (much like Trea's mind). Any help would be appreciated so I never have to read another one of OHs all-time greatest trolls again.

This seems like as good a time as any to ask this question...

I've been trying to figure out how to put JTrea on blocked for a while but can't figure it out. It's probably something simple (much like Trea's mind). Any help would be appreciated so I never have to read another one of OHs all-time greatest trolls again.

Keep making comments like that and you won't have to worry about responding to me or any OH posts.

My "simple mind" suggests you read the board rules.

Archived