5/14: Indians at Orioles

BowieMike

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is EXACTLY what everyone's been talking about when they say that Nick Markakis gets walked in favor of pitching to Tejada. EXACTLY. They voluntarily loaded the bases rather than face him hitting.

Bust this game wide open Miggy.

This. Make 'em pay.

This is EXACTLY what everyone's been talking about when they say that Nick Markakis gets walked in favor of pitching to Tejada. EXACTLY. They voluntarily loaded the bases rather than face him hitting.

They're setting up the DP with a groundball pitcher on the mound.

I don't think it's got much to do with Tejada.

Is it possible that Corey realizes he has to adjust his batting approach to the lead-off spot, now in his possibly last chance at sticking in the majors, and is actually able finally to do it? Has DT created a leadoff monster?!

Is it possible that Corey realizes he has to adjust his batting approach to the lead-off spot, now in his possibly last chance at sticking in the majors, and is actually able finally to do it? Has DT created a leadoff monster?!

Nope.

He's just seeing the ball well lately.

Corey is in great shape, still has tons of batspeed, can square the ball when he stays within himself.

Honestly, the only issue for him is his tendency to get himself out (and, occasionally, let his swing get long).

There's no question in my mind that a more disciplined Corey could be a legitimate fourth OF.

Corey is in great shape, still has tons of batspeed, can square the ball when he stays within himself.

Honestly, the only issue for him is his tendency to get himself out (and, occasionally, let his swing get long).

There's no question in my mind that a more disciplined Corey could be a legitimate fourth OF.

I'm not saying he can leadoff, mind you. :D

Archived