7/16: Blue Jays at Orioles

PaulFolk

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First game back after two weeks away in a non-baseball-playing region of the world. RE Lineup: I know Patterson was hot before the ASB, but his OBP is almost 100 points lower against lefties (.267). I might have put Lugo, who's even hotter than C-Pat, at leadoff, since he's got a .358 OBP against lefties. Even Izzy may have been a wiser choice, statistically speaking.

Might have wanted Fox in left rather than Pie, again due to lefty-righty splits.

Hi, PF: First game back after two weeks away in a non-baseball-playing region of the world. RE Lineup: I know Patterson was hot before the ASB, but his OBP is almost 100 points lower against lefties (.267). I might have put Lugo, who's even hotter than C-Pat, at leadoff, since he's got a .358 OBP against lefties. Even Izzy may have been a wiser choice, statistically speaking.

Might have wanted Fox in left rather than Pie, again due to lefty-righty splits.

With Wieters on the DL, I doubt they'll do that with Fox, as he's now the backup catcher.

With Wieters on the DL, I doubt they'll do that with Fox, as he's now the backup catcher.

I see what you're saying, but if Fox were to be needed behind the plate, could just bring him in from LF and insert Pie then.

I don't see how that makes difference. You can start Fox in LF and move him to catcher if you need to take out Tatum later in the game.

Archived