Gausman pitching Saturday?

ChuckS

Should mention this isn't 100% confirmed by Buck yet, but all signs point this direction.

It has to be him. Why else put Chen in the minors? I don't see them pitching Wright and Wilson back to back. Wilson is in the pen now.

This is just a temporary thing. Unless Gonzalez isn't healthy Gausman will not stay in the rotation.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It has to be him. Why else put Chen in the minors? I don't see them pitching Wright and Wilson back to back. Wilson is in the pen now.

This is just a temporary thing. Unless Gonzalez isn't healthy Gausman will not stay in the rotation.

It does sure look like this is the move, but Buck has fooled us before. :)

No? Hmmm. I think that is a possibility.

The upcoming rotation most likely is this:

Jimenez

Norris

Wright

Gausman (Wright optioned)

Tillman

day off

Jimenez

Norris

Gonzalez (last game @ BOS, Wilson optioned)

Chen (first game vs. CLE, unknown roster move?)

And that's where it gets tricky. Is Tillman pitching better? Is Norris? How did Gausman look against Toronto?

10 strikeouts, no walks and 6 hits in 8.1 IP (5 in Frederick, 3.1 in Bowie). He's been just fine. He is a ML pitcher just working on getting his feet back under him on his rehab.

In Bowie, 3 IP and 4 ERs.

Sorry, he isn't just fine.

He had issues up here and needs to work on his secondary pitches. IMO.

In Bowie, 3 IP and 4 ERs.

Sorry, he isn't just fine.

He had issues up here and needs to work on his secondary pitches. IMO.

How many runs he allowed honestly has no value.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Otherwise, just looked to be getting his work in. FB 94-96, T97; CH 83-86 came and went. More good pitches than bad ones. Had great quote:</p>— Jon Meoli (@JonMeoli) <a href="

">June 12, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kevin Gausman looked like a big leaguer getting his work in; FB/CB/CH all looked fine; left FB down the middle twice <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a></p>— Tucker Blair (@TuckerBlairON) <a href="

I've been dying for Buck to just put Gausman in the rotation permanently and let him experience his ups and downs until he becomes he future we think he is. However, let the kid get some work in first and make sure he's healthy before forcing him into a game, especially against the jerks from the north

I've been dying for Buck to just put Gausman in the rotation permanently and let him experience his ups and downs until he becomes he future we think he is. However, let the kid get some work in first and make sure he's healthy before forcing him into a game, especially against the jerks from the north

Part of me agrees.

But, on the other hand, this is what teams in last place do, when the current season is over, they start putting bodies out there to get experience for the following season.

Many of the best pitchers in baseball struggle early on in their careers... but teams keep them in the rotation because of their potential and theres no way to get better like facing major league competition. Not letting Gausman play against good competition and just bouncing him all around is NOT good for his development. Just stick him in the rotation rest of the year and what happens happens.

Why not stick him in the rotation in AA/AAA and let him develop? His secondary pitches will not get better up here without hurting the team. We don't want to be developing starters at the major league level. That's what struggling teams do once they're out of it.

How many runs he allowed honestly has no value.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Otherwise, just looked to be getting his work in. FB 94-96, T97; CH 83-86 came and went. More good pitches than bad ones. Had great quote:</p>— Jon Meoli (@JonMeoli) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kevin Gausman looked like a big leaguer getting his work in; FB/CB/CH all looked fine; left FB down the middle twice <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a></p>— Tucker Blair (@TuckerBlairON) <a href="

He doesn't need to work on his FB/CH. He desperately needs to work on his CB. His slider was absolute rubbish. Hoping his curveball isn't like it.

But, on the other hand, this is what teams in last place do, when the current season is over, they start putting bodies out there to get experience for the following season.

A 96-win team gave him 20 starts in 2014 and his performance was above average. He should be starting in the majors now that his shoulder is sound and there are no innings limit concerns.

A 96-win team gave him 20 starts in 2014 and his performance was above average. He should be starting in the majors now that his shoulder is sound and there are no innings limit concerns.

He would be fine if healthy in the rotation. He would be one of our best three starters.

Many of the best pitchers in baseball struggle early on in their careers... but teams keep them in the rotation because of their potential and theres no way to get better like facing major league competition. Not letting Gausman play against good competition and just bouncing him all around is NOT good for his development. Just stick him in the rotation rest of the year and what happens happens.

I wouldn't be opposed to that, but there's no indication that the Orioles are moving Gausman into the rotation permanently. If Gausman starts in Toronto, then what? You still have Chen and Gonzalez coming back to the rotation soon, and Tillman, Ubaldo, and Bud are all still around.

My fear is that Gausman will just make one start in Toronto and then will get bumped back to the bullpen, which will continue to stall his development. If that's what's going to happen, I'd rather just keep him in the minors and have him work in the rotation on a regular routine.

Archived