vs. MARINERS, 8/12

OFFNY

Why don't we bounce curves on 0-2? There has been terrible pitch calling all season in those situations..

And Lough has no excuse for that throw.

Because we can't. None of our guys, outside of Ubaldo, have strikeout stuff to any extent. The thing about bouncing a two pitch curve, is it has to be good enough to at least make the hitter thing it's a strike. They can't do that. So instead it just becomes a wasted ball, and now you're stuck in the same position you were when the count was 0-2, which is having to bring the ball over the plate.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've seen this movie before.

What's the best word to describe the Os' offense when you get past Manny, Schoop, Davis, Jones (and I'll throw in the catchers)? (Clich?s like pathetic and nasty words are not permitted.) Meek? Blas?? Compliant? Clueless? Accommodating? Impotent? AAAbombinable?

Inept, worthless, incompetent, laughable.

Because we can't. None of our guys' date=' outside of Ubaldo, have strikeout stuff to any extent. The thing about bouncing a two pitch curve, is it has to be good enough to at least make the hitter thing it's a strike. They can't do that. So instead it just becomes a wasted ball, and now you're stuck in the same position you were when the count was 0-2, which is having to bring the ball over the plate.[/quote']

Then what are we paying Dave Wallace for?

Jeez, 67 pitches to get thru 3 innings, 2 runs, 4 hits

Another top 5 pick that is a disappointment. Is it scouting/drafting or player development.

Something very rotten in the O's system

He looked great against Atlanta and Detroit.

It is almost like young pitchers are inconsistent. Ignore those 6 strikeouts through 3 innings too.

I know we're not as bad as a lot of Oriole teams through the years, but I don't know if I've ever had this little fun watching the team. From the rotation, to the bullpen, to the everyday lineup, to the bench....everything about this team is so inconsistent that the fun isn't there this year. It's all about "what could have beens" or "if onlys" and that has my frustration about as high as it's ever been with this team.

Archived