Pitching Coaches

Bahama O's Fan

Anyway we can try to lure some of the Mets' either major or minor league pitching coaches to come to the O's?

And that would help us how? They have the raw materials up there to work with. 101 out of those hands. The have the highest average velocity in baseball.

No doubt that pitching in the NL is easier than the AL. If you think the difference between Gausman vs. DeGrom and Harvey is the league and their catcher, then I would just say, WOW!

If you think Jake Arrieta would not be a top 10 pitcher in the AL, then again, WOW!

How about Eduardo Rodriguez? Doing pretty well in the AL East.

Is there something magical about Travis D'Arnaud that I don't know about?

Eduardo is pretty good. Give him some time though. He is still young.

No doubt that pitching in the NL is easier than the AL.

Is there something magical about Travis D'Arnaud that I don't know about?

You sell yourself short. You probably knew.

According to StatCorner’s methodology, d’Arnaud's pitch framing rates 12.0 runs above average (RAA), good for 7th in the majors. Jose Molina, a noted defensive wizard behind the plate, comes in at 13.3 RAA. This methodology paints d’Arnaud as a borderline elite pitch framer.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=15093

Adam Loewen was never as good as Eduardo Rodriguez in the minors or the majors but yes he did get hurt. So your saying that Eduardo Rodriguez could bet worse or get hurt? Didn't know that. Or he could turn out to be very good and very cheap for the next 3-4 years.

I guess your point is that we should trade all of our young pitching prospects before they ever get to the majors, right?

My Point is we guessed on the wrong pitching prospects. We could have traded Harvey earlier for Miller and Bundy earlier for Feldman. TINSTAPP

adam loewen was never as good as eduardo rodriguez in the minors or the majors but yes he did get hurt. So your saying that eduardo rodriguez could bet worse or get hurt? Didn't know that. Or he could turn out to be very good and very cheap for the next 3-4 years.

I guess your point is that we should trade all of our young pitching prospects before they ever get to the majors, right?

2006 ott int aaa 2 0 1.27 3 3 0 0 0 0 21.1 10 3 3 0 0 3 0 21 .143 0.61 3.67

2006 bow eas aa 4 2 2.72 9 8 0 0 0 0 49.2 46 17 15 3 2 26 0 55 .250 1.45 2.14

2007 BAL AL MLB 2 0 3.56 6 6 0 0 0 0 30.1 27 14 12 1 3 26 0 22 .239 1.75 1.48

Steroid ERA

Do the Mets have tons of talent, or better coaching and player development right up through the minors into the majors? If we had kept Arrieta and Erod, would they have turned into who they are? Would Gausman and Bundy been absolute studs with other teams? We seem to have a major problem developing young pitching.

Do the Mets have tons of talent' date=' or better coaching and player development right up through the minors into the majors? If we had kept Arrieta and Erod, would they have turned into who they are? Would Gausman and Bundy been absolute studs with other teams? We seem to have a major problem developing young pitching.[/quote']

Many people try to make that argument. I say there is some luck involved as well. And then, there is Matt Harvey.

Archived