Here comes Adrian Marin

Frobby

Still only 23.  Feel like he's been around forever.  

Not sure what the carrying tool is though.  Career minor league OPS of .635. No power.  Not a speedster. Glove is a little shaky too from what I've previously read.  Seems like an organizational guy in the Paul Janish mold, but maybe with less of a glove. 

23 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Still only 23.  Feel like he's been around forever.  

Not sure what the carrying tool is though.  Career minor league OPS of .635. No power.  Not a speedster. Glove is a little shaky too from what I've previously read.  Seems like an organizational guy in the Paul Janish mold, but maybe with less of a glove. 

His carrying tool is his glove and versatility. He was the "farm hand" Janish and was thought of a replacement for Flaherty in the future. His glove is decent. Not quite "Janish" type, but he is capable of almost all infield spots.

Then again, so is Steve Wilkerson, who has more power and is a switch hitter.

4 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I love a good hot streak but I'm not buying any Adrian Marin stock at this point.

I wouldn't, yet. But, he is worth keeping an eye on.

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

3 walks and only 4 strikeouts in his last 41 AB's.    That is interesting if he can keep up that contact rate.

Yeah, but there might be something in the water in Bowie. The batting has been the best in the system. The only reason they've lost so many games so far is the pitching has been atrocious.

Marin is getting his hot streak in right now. I'm hoping he keeps up a good pace and can make a contention for Norfolk if/when there are some injuries.

I said at the beginning of the season, he's an under the radar guy who shouldn't be given up on.  So far so good - he's back up to .345.  He still needs to show more pop, but I consider him a prospect. 

• 3 months later...

Archived