Rich Harden

Sports Guy

Lots of talk about him being on the trade block...His K rate is crazy high...His K/BB ratio is very good...His HR rate is great.

But he still has his injury history.

So, if you are a team going for it and need pitching, do you go after Harden and if so, how much are you willing to give up for him?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lots of talk about him being on the trade block...His K rate is crazy high...His K/BB ratio is very good...His HR rate is great.

So, if you are a team going for it and need pitching, do you go after Harden and if so, how much are you willing to give up for him?

Rumor has it that Beane's asking price is ridiculously high...

You could try throwing Liz, Scott and any random career minor leaguer out there, but the price is so high I doubt he accepts even that.

As a Cubs fan, I wouldn't be very optimistic to land Harden. It may be because we've been snake bit in the past by Prior and to a lesser extent Wood. The guy has great upside, no doubt. I would hate to see the Cubs give up much for him though. Sean Gallagher would be too much at this point.

I do think the As should learn from the Cubs mistake with Prior and bite at the first opportunity to get something of value in return for Harden.

The wishlist on this one seems to include Sabathia as the clear best option, followed by Harden, Burnett, and now perhaps Bedard in whatever order. Sheets could join, potentially.

I'd give a lot out of the Cubs' current minor league system for any of these guys. Too bad anyone who's anyone down there (and just about everyone who's noone, too) sucks this year.

The wishlist on this one seems to include Sabathia as the clear best option, followed by Harden, Burnett, and now perhaps Bedard in whatever order. Sheets could join, potentially.

I'd give a lot out of the Cubs' current minor league system for any of these guys. Too bad anyone who's anyone down there (and just about everyone who's noone, too) sucks this year.

I would think the Cubs, a team going for it this year(and ther whole 100 years thing), would need someone more reliable than Harden.

I would think the Cubs, a team going for it this year(and ther whole 100 years thing), would need someone more reliable than Harden.

Do they have enough for Sabathia though? I don't think so. The funny thing of course is now they might have enough for Bedard. Otherwise they could have to "settle" for a guy like Harden.

Obviously it's an issue of risk vs. reward vs. price. Harden leads the pack in both risk and (arguably) reward. Price is unknown.

I'd be pretty giddy about the potential if the guy was acquired, I'll tell you that. And nervous as heck too.

Would the Cubs trade Vitters?

If someone offered strong value for him, then heck yes (if I was in charge ;)).

Depressing to think how much more trade value any number of other could-have-beens would have right now (Wieters, LaPorta, etc.).

I have no insider information, but I think "no" is putting it bluntly.

He's their "power hitter" of the future. The meat of their line-up. The best hitter on the team.

I think that's wildly overrating the guy.

Of course I have very low expectations for Vitters, personally.

If someone offered strong value for him, then heck yes (if I was in charge ;)).

Depressing to think how much more trade value any number of other could-have-beens would have right now (Wieters, LaPorta, etc.).

Can he be the main player in a Sabathia or Harden deal? I would think so.

Archived