Thorne, Bordick, Dempsey and Tom Davis amongst those let go

Sports Guy

2 hours ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Makes sense unfortunately. Gary I wish they kept. That guy was a highlight of my teenage years and I'll miss him narrating my summer nights. 

I will miss Gary.   But I missed Chuck, Jon, Joe and others when they left too.     The game goes on.   Just don’t give me someone awful.    

• Upvote 1

I will miss Thornes voice and his story telling.  But his lack of knowledge, not knowing players, pitches, etc...makes it not a big loss for me.

Garceau is kind of the opposite.  He has decent knowledge and a better understanding of things..he certainly knows Os history better.  But he’s dry as a bone.

13 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I will miss Gary.   But I missed Chuck, Jon, Joe and others when they left too.     The game goes on.   Just don’t give me someone awful.    

I miss Joe too. That's the problem this year for me was the broadcast was just boring. The Nats broadcasting crew are bad but entertainingly bad. It was just dry last year. Maybe that's just me 

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

At least Chuck and Joe ended their careers with the Orioles. I always liked Gary and enjoyed his camaraderie with Palmer, but Jon was my man, and I wish Miller could have finished his career here, too. But there’s nothing so vindictive and unpredictable as a thin-skinned billionaire. 

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I liked this reply to Britt’s tweet:

Angelos and doing the right thing go together just as well as toothpaste and orange juice

I'm maybe the only person NOT on twitter, but when I read that it made me laugh.  ;)

Bring back Brother Lowe!

Edited by drjohnnyfeva

Did I miss someone posting about this?

In addition to laying off 11 employees in October, the Orioles furloughed 35 others, hoping to bring them back by Feb. 1 to begin ramping up for spring training. That won’t be the case.

Grondahl said the staffers’ furloughs have been extended to an undetermined date as the organization awaits more concrete news about the start of the 2021 season as the coronavirus pandemic continues.

12 minutes ago, OldNewGuy said:

I must have missed it, but I haven't seen anyone mention B-rob. Is he gone? I thought I heard him on some broadcasts last summer.

Brob was one of those let go.  I will miss him!  But he  remains as an "ambassador" as does Demper.