Bowie game 6/25/21

eddie83

Went to Bowie last night for the  first time ever. 

-Baumann was mainly at 92-94. Think he hit 95 at least once. Line out started game and allowed lead off line drive HR to start 2nd inning. Rest of 2nd he looked good. In 3rd he imploded. Had no command at all. Stolen base off him as well as runner had huge jump. The defense could have helped as they didn’t turn a potential double play and there was an error. He allowed an 0-2 Grand Slam to Groshans. It was ugly. 

-Perez let up 2 HR’s after him. Did have 5 K’s. Groshans hit his second HR off of him. Allowed another HR on ball that hit scoreboard.

-Bautista hit 98-99 consistently with a couple at 100. No K’s but he did get weak contact  I know he is older player. Like Baumann he is big guy.

-Naughton threw the ball well. 

- Klimek walked 3 in 2/3rds and was helped by a caught stealing. I didn’t see what happened right when he left mound but Buck Britton stared at him as he walked back to dugout. Not sure what happened. Britton didn’t look pleased with him. Not sure if it was how he gave him ball or said something. 

-Austin Martin didn’t play. He is on IL. 

They were down 10-0 but to their credit fought back and lost 10-8.  Had tying run at 2nd and winning  run at 1st in bottom of 9th. 

-Adley caught one stealing. Had no chance on one and another throw hit runner. It looked to be to the right inside of bag. Has good arm and soft hands. He went 2-4 with a walk. One infield hit. Great approach in 9th on oppo hard hit single. Had good at bat in 1st. Worked count full before lining out to deep LC. Works counts well. 

-Stowers only had one hit but it was an oppo 3 run HR off a lefty. Breaking ball. It cleared the second wall but I think it went over scoreboard. 

-Dorian hit HR just to left of CF.  He had rough night at 1st though. Dropped one throw and another he let get by him he could of had. 

-Welk had good night at plate. Line drive Hr. 2 hits with 2 walks. Good approach  

-Neustrom had 3 hits. Plus walk. I missed his double but it was a bloop hit. 

In general the defense wasn’t great and pitching obviously struggled. 

I thought stadium wasn’t anything great. The team store had no Rutschman stuff which I thought was odd. 

• Upvote 2

Forgot to mention Mike Elias was there. Sat behind home plate in back rows first couple of innings. Then he went to club level by himself for couple of innings. Then came back down to seats.  I assume he was talking to other scouts around home plate. Left around 8th inning I think. 

Forgot to mention Mike Elias was there. Sat behind home plate in back rows first couple of innings. Then he went to club level by himself for couple of innings. Then came back down to seats.  I assume he was talking to other scouts around home plate. Left around 8th inning I think. 

So was he looking at our guys, someone in the Blue Jays organization or both?

No way to tell, I know but fun to speculate!

Edited by olddogger
spelling