Ok, so now what?

Sports Guy

It doesn't appear Dunn is on our radar...Maybe he will be but I doubt it and even if he is, I am going to guess that DC or maybe even Boston outbid us for him anyway.

So, where does this team go now?

Do they trade BRob? Huff? Mora(if he allows it)?

I still say Nick gets extended...I still think the Orioles will sign 2 crappy starting pitchers just to appease the fans and say that they addressed pitching but beyond those things, I have no idea.

We were willing to give 20 million to Tex...So, obviously the money is there for us to do some big things.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It doesn't appear Dunn is on our radar...Maybe he will be but I doubt it and even if he is, I am going to guess that DC or maybe even Boston outbid us for him anyway.

So, where does this team go now?

Do they trade BRob? Huff? Mora(if he allows it)?

I still say Nick gets extended...I still think the Orioles will sign 2 crappy starting pitchers just to appease the fans and say that they addressed pitching but beyond those things, I have no idea.

We were willing to give 20 million to Tex...So, obviously the money is there for us to do some big things.

Nothing they can realistically do (Sheets or Dunn are not realistic) will ease the pain from this Teixeira fiasco.

I would like to see a solid Roberts trade, a Markakis extension, and a trade of Huff if possible. We need to have as young a core as possible going into 2010.

Extend Markakis, Trade Roberts, Trade Huff, Trade Mora if possible, and Trade Scott if the deal is right. Sign one or both of the Japanese pitchers.

Us not getting Tex could be a blessing in disguise, we need to stay the course and continue to rebuild and get younger. Our time will come in 2010-2011.

I don't see Markakis agreeing to an extension this offseason.

Given what they weren't willing to pay for a player of Teixeira's caliber, I doubt they have given Dunn a passing thought. They will sign the usual stopgaps (I bet AM has already left a voicemail for Millar's agent) and hope to assimilate a couple more young players from the MiL system during 2009. Another last place finish in the AL East should be expected.

I think it's time to to really try to sell Markakis on the franchise. Even though Tex didn't come here, there is still a solid rebuilding effort going strong. Plus, if Kakes signs an extension now, it will save the organization some face, and it is the right thing to do.

A Brian Roberts trade will open up some interesting opportunities as far as acquisitions go. As irritated as I may be, at this moment, with the organization, Andy McPhail is a master at the trade and I look forward to the return Brian will bring.

I think Huff and Scott and solid trade possibilities. I am not alone when I express surprise that there isn't more of a market for Huff's bat. Perhaps there will be in the days before Spring Training when teams look to finalize their rosters.

If we can land one of the Japanese pitchers, I think it would be taking a step in the right direction. We are going to have to deal with some innings eaters for a year or two until the Big 3 start advancing into the major leagues. There is still a lot to be optimistic about regarding the rebuilding effort. I look forward to the prospect reports we'll see in BA in the coming year as we are now rate as a top ten farm system.

Again, selling Markakis an extension at this junction is crucial, IMO. It would show the fans that we are committed to winning. It looks like, as the dust settles on the Tex saga, he wasn't serious about playing in Baltimore. If the organization can show it wants to keep Markakis around for a long time they may send an important message to their fanbase.

I don't even see Brian Roberts or Nick Markakis signing an extension. I don't even see us getting Ben Sheets or Lowe. Not even Adam Dunn. Nobody.

We're just gonna get Mark Henderickson, one of the Japanese pitchers, and let Liz/Olson/Patton/etc just have their "amazing" years at the major league level.

Pathetic off-season. Typical.

Blow the whole thing up.

Roberts and Markakis to the Indians for LaPorta, Mills, ACab, Miller and Hodges

Luke Scott to the Mets for Nick Evans

And that's just for starters...

And I'd seriously put Arrieta in the rotation and give Tillman and Matusz a shot to make the rotation.

We are going to lose a ton of fans this season so we might as well get rid of all the name players and build around the Big Three, Jones and Wieters who I would try to extend ASAP...

Blow the whole thing up.

Roberts and Markakis to the Indians for LaPorta, Mills, ACab, Miller and Hodges

Luke Scott to the Mets for Nick Evans

And that's just for starters...

And I'd seriously put Arrieta in the rotation and give Tillman and Matusz a shot to make the rotation.

We are going to lose a ton of fans this season so we might as well get rid of all the name players and build around Jones and Wieters who I would try to extend ASAP...

Well, I'm sticking with 'em.

Jtrea, I love your posts, man, but do you need a bourbon or a valium? Tex ain't the end of the world.

"Markakis is the stud to build the next great Oriole team around" - BP

Let's sell him on an extension. Get B-Rob out of town. Kakes will see the light and the fans will come back when we extend him. Sure, we'll have to pay, but it'll be worth it - he's young and he has his prime ahead of him.

Archived