O’s Hot Stove Shows air on Thursdays

Frobby

Thanks for the notice Frobby. Found it interesting to hear Mike talk about the Kimbrel signing allowing the focus towards SP; mentioned improving the lineup (if opportunities came up) Even mentioned improving the bullpen if higher upgrades were available. 

my take on his interview:  They are exploring every means to improve any aspect of the team in a dynamic way

My takeaways…

Bullpen - He said that another bullpen signing would have to be a significant upgrade over what we have because it would hurt our flexibility.

SP - Of course we would prefer a #1 over a #2, and a #2 over a #3. And so forth. But we’re looking in that #3 range for a SP acquisition. 

Hyde said we haven’t made a call on Hall or Wells coming to camp as a SP or RP. That decision will be made based on our personnel. 

Elias seems like a straight shooter. He looks from input from Hyde a lot more than we think. Overall, Elias just seems to be very happy to be talking about winning versus rebuilding.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

My takeaways…

Bullpen - He said that another bullpen signing would have to be a significant upgrade over what we have because it would hurt our flexibility.

SP - Of course we would prefer a #1 over a #2, and a #2 over a #3. And so forth. But we’re looking in that #3 range for a SP acquisition. 

Hyde said we haven’t made a call on Hall or Wells coming to camp as a SP or RP. That decision will be made based on our personnel. 

Elias seems like a straight shooter. He looks from input from Hyde a lot more than we think. Overall, Elias just seems to be very happy to be talking about winning versus rebuilding.

I think we end up with a starter like Wacha

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, ofan239 said:

I was not able to listen live - is there anyway to listen to these after they air ?

The radio shows can all be found at:

https://www.wbal.com/podcast/orioles-insider/

The most recent episode is at the top (the one listing Steve Melewski as the guest). The first 3 in the list are all from this year.

The MASN TV show is replayed numerous times. Next showings of this past Thursday's show are tonight at 9:30pm on MASN2 or tonight at 11pm on MASN.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, rm5678 said:

Has anyone seen any mention of the MASN Hot Stove Show returning this week? The show hasn't aired since Dec. 14th, and it's not currently on the MASN programming schedule for tonight.

MASN Warming Plate Show would be more fitting

On 12/7/2023 at 5:36 PM, Frobby said:

In the wake of the Winter Meetings, I just wanted to remind anyone who cares that both the radio and TV versions of Orioles Hot Stove air on Thursday nights.   The radio show runs on WBAL from 7 pm - 8 pm, and the TV show is on MASN from 8-8:30 pm.  Should be a bit more interesting than usual tonight with the Kimbrel signing and other Winter Meetings gossip to discuss.  

I'm kind of surprised these things are still a thing with the internet, social media and sites like this that allow people to aggregate news and give and receive opinion.  I can't imagine there are a lot of folks still turning into the radio in the evening to get their hot stove "news" and takes. 

18 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I see that the radio show featured the new pitching coach as a guest back on 12/21.  I need to give that a listen. 

I'm a little surprised Roch hasn't been able to get some blurbs from the guy for a blog yet. Maybe he has and it's filed away for a future post.