O’s acquire …Tyler Nevin

StillanOfan

20 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I get that. It is what it is. 

He would make more plausible sense if Urias and/or Mateo aren’t here. 

That's my take as well. Nevin on a team with Urias, Mateo and Mountcastle/O'Hearn at 1B, I don't see how he ever gets playing time. Maybe Elias is working on a trade and he knows there will be a roster spot freed up for Nevin.

Even in that case I'd rather see Holliday, Mayo or Norby on the team.

I'm fine w/ keeping Nevin because he'll be easy for them to dump when they decide to pull the trigger on Holliday or Mayo.  However, I do think Norby could do basically what Nevin can - more 2nd base than the corners on the IF, but that's OK because if it was Norby, Westburg would just play more third, and Urias can back up the backup at 1b.  So I wish it was Norby more than anything.  I have to imagine that Norby can play LF, even at Camden, at least as well as Nevin can.

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

That's my take as well. Nevin on a team with Urias, Mateo and Mountcastle/O'Hearn at 1B, I don't see how he ever gets playing time. Maybe Elias is working on a trade and he knows there will be a roster spot freed up for Nevin.

Unless they add someone else it looks to be Elias playing a mini platoon advantage for a limited amount of time.

5 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

I'm fine w/ keeping Nevin because he'll be easy for them to dump when they decide to pull the trigger on Holliday or Mayo.  However, I do think Norby could do basically what Nevin can - more 2nd base than the corners on the IF, but that's OK because if it was Norby, Westburg would just play more third, and Urias can back up the backup at 1b.  So I wish it was Norby more than anything.  I have to imagine that Norby can play LF, even at Camden, at least as well as Nevin can.

Norby costs you a 40 man roster spot. They don’t have to call him up to protect him until after the season. You are right, he is easy to dump. 

41 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

If you want to go all RH except for Gunnar without worrying about losing the DH.  Urias and Westburg at 2B and 3B.  Mateo in CF.  Nevin at DH.   It appears that Nevin is the DH against LHP instead of McCann.