Connor Norby 2024

emmett16

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

He has in the last month but didn’t he have a long streak of no errors?   He’s not an elite fielder but, in the long run, I think he’s solid at 2B or 3B, although the eye test says he looks a little better at 3B.

Sure, overall solid, I wasn't saying he was a hack out there.

Glad we agree.

5 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Norby hitting for good power this season, but I have the feeling he won't be an Oriole by the July 31st trade deadline. I have to think Norby can be part of a package to get a good bullpen arm.

Norby is more valuable to us as a Hays replacement, platoon RH bat, then what he would bring back in a trade. Same with Stowers. 

Norby is a classic example of if he would’ve cracked any top 100 list then he would have matriculated up to the 80’s now and we would probably view him completely differently. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Norby is more valuable to us as a Hays replacement, platoon RH bat, then what he would bring back in a trade. Same with Stowers. 

Norby is a classic example of if he would’ve cracked any top 100 list then he would have matriculated up to the 80’s now and we would probably view him completely differently. 

After the 2022 season.

“Norby and Westburg battled down to the last game for that season homer honor. But during the year they showed similar approaches with a strong ability to drive the ball to right-center to produce a lot of their homers.

Now both are showing up on top 100 prospects list. In the latest one out yesterday, Norby got his third top 100 recognition. After coming in earlier at No. 82 via Baseball Prospectus and No. 93 via Baseball America, Norby was ranked No. 92 by ESPN.“

30 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

We focus on Mayo and rightfully so but Norby should also be getting at bats over Mateo, Urias and arguably some others.

What would be the problem with Norby being the primary 2B with Westburg at 3B. Mateo is getting exposed yet again being a everyday player. 

6 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

What would be the problem with Norby being the primary 2B with Westburg at 3B. Mateo is getting exposed yet again being a everyday player. 

They don’t like his second base defense.