Craig Kimbrel 2024

Kimbrel was a bad/panic signing be Elias. Elias has done a horrible job assembling a bullpen this year. Sig and he really need to reevaluate their drafting model, as the lack of of overall pitching depth in the Minors is coming back to haunt the Os. 

1 minute ago, cnmilton said:

Kimbrel was a bad/panic signing be Elias. Elias has done a horrible job assembling a bullpen this year. Sig and he really need to reevaluate their drafting model, as the lack of of overall pitching depth in the Minors is coming back to haunt the Os. 

Kimbrel really needs to consider retiring after this year. After his time with the Phillies, White Sox, and now Orioles more fans remember him blowing saves then racking them up.

Craig, If you’re reading this I want you to know how much I dislike you. I disliked it when we signed you and I dislike you even more after seeing you stumble and fumble your way through every outing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, cnmilton said:

I think he was the exact opposite of a panic signing.

He was the safe move.

No one is going to question bringing in Kimbrel as the caretaker closer on a one year commitment.

3 minutes ago, TopGunnar said:

Craig, If you’re reading this I want you to know how much I dislike you. I disliked it when we signed you and I dislike you even more after seeing you stumble and fumble your way through every outing. 

Why make it personal?

1 minute ago, cnmilton said:

Hate is a strong word.  Hate his performance? Sure. 

Hate the person because of athletic performance? To me that's a bit much

It’s one of the unfortunate drawbacks of the orioles recent winning ways. You get the bandwagon talk radio types flooding the Hangout 

5 minutes ago, casadeozo said:

It’s one of the unfortunate drawbacks of the orioles recent winning ways. You get the bandwagon talk radio types flooding the Hangout 

I am constantly amazed at how many posts after Orioles loss than after Orioles win.  Burden of higher expectations from fans now, and I guess general function of internet these days. 

• Upvote 1

Let's not forget, I believe Kimbrel was signed early during the past off season under JA's tenure using Gibson money. I too didn't like the signing and have spent the year not watching when he pitches. Didn't watch today - find it better for my health. I don't see him contributing much to the rest of our season. Today did not surprise.