Colton Cowser 2024

38 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

Needs to hit the cutoff man. Other than that, I thnk he's been pretty damn good.

That one play was really bad in route he took and then launching the ball over the cutoff man.  Other than that and maybe 1-2 other plays where he's taken bad routes, he's been pretty solid in the field in the games I've watched.  

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Cowser has cooled off.  Mountcastle actually has been very steady.  

On the Yankees broadcast, Girardi mentioned that Mounty has the best chase rate on the O's so far this season.

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Said it before, I’ll say it again: I want to see him go to the opposite field more. He was slapping pitches he couldn’t turn on the other way earlier and he’s gotten away from that. 

He hit an oppo double on Sunday.

7 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Said it before, I’ll say it again: I want to see him go to the opposite field more. He was slapping pitches he couldn’t turn on the other way earlier and he’s gotten away from that. 

Yep. This this this. I need more hits out of Cowser. He's settling into a 3 true outcomes thing that I'm not really excited about.

Edited by interloper

8 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think he read that post/topic that was worried he couldn't pull the ball.  Clearly it got into his head.  

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

Could have fooled me, he looks great at the plate right now overall.

Everything’s relative.  Mountcastle’s current chase rate of 38.8% is in the bottom 10% of the league, but it’s easily the best he’s ever done (his career low was 41.0% in 2022).   

But since this is the Cowser thread, I’ll stop there.  Cowser’s chase rate is 24.9%.   

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• 1) I don't think it's a bad idea to consider moving on from non-productive vets like Hays and possibly Mullins as well. 2) I'm almost starting to move toward the opinion of re-signing Santander. He is likely not to require a major financial commitment (3/4 years at modest money). And I believe because most of his contributions come from counting stats (homers and RBIs) he is likely to be undervalued in this era of statcast baseball. 3) Elias has never (IMO for good reason) decided to take the approach of multiple/several first timers learning on the job at all at once. The potential for that to go sideways represents too much risk, when you are trying to win a World Series. 4) You didn't just mention moving on from Mullins and Hays. But you also mentioned Santander, O'Hearn, and Mountcastle. That is FIVE regulars and replacing them all with players who have never proven that they can hit Major League pitching. I would almost bet that there aren't 5 first timers in all of MLB who are succeeding this season on their first try. Now obviously, for Holliday next season will be his second try. And I guess 3rd for Stowers, maybe 4th depending how you look at it. And second/third for Kjerstad, Norby (I guess second). Though some of these guys stints were so short, I don't know if they could even get/make much of it some of those previous times. 5) If we make it to the postseason (which we are almost assured to do) win or lose this year in the Fall, it will be a very poor message to send to the fanbase to not spend/add in the offseason. With a payroll this low (ranked what 25th?) you should not be cutting cost and especially with a multi-billionaire owner. 6) If you don't trade any of these players this season, how do you propose that we get better/get the piece(s) that we need? 7) Even with all of these new young players and even if all of them performed right away, where is the pitching going to come from next season in order to legitimately contend (if you don't spend in the offseason)?
    • Nobody thought Toronto would not cash in on their "window". It slammed shut on them and they had a lot of young talent that regressed pretty hard. Cautionary tales are out there.
    • What an odd question. Of course it’s important. The entire baseball world will be paying attention to this series. The two best teams in all baseball, in the same division, each going for a crown at the expense of the other, and neither a big fan of the other. Wins are important regardless of the opponent, but it also goes without saying that we would rather win three out of four against the Yankees, than three out of four against the Athletics, or even other contenders like the Mariners or Guards.  
    • Yeah, too much young talent for that to happen next year, unless some major regression and injuries happen.
    • Mike Elias' job certainly entails doing due diligence on Jack Flaherty again.  
    • even if they do, so what? 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now