What are you expecting, or what would you be pleased with for Cade Povich tonight.

13 minutes ago, SilverRocket said:

First start he had no command of the curveball and it had a 35% zone rate. Today it had a 70% zone rate. 6 whiffs (13 swings) and 6 called strikes in 23 thrown. That pitch is a difference-maker if he has it that day.

He lives and dies with that pitch.  When it’s on, he’s darn tough to hit.  When it’s not he struggles, but can compete with his other offerings.  

5 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

He lives and dies with that pitch.  When it’s on, he’s darn tough to hit.  When it’s not he struggles, but can compete with his other offerings.  

Reminded me of Zito pitching off the curveball. 

38 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Wasn’t expecting that. 

The Braves offense is garbage for two months, so the results aren’t too surprising. But he looked great, regardless of the futility of the lineup. Kremer better make that rehab start. 

15 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

Now what do they do?

I still think they need to go back to a 5 man rotation. Hard to send him down after that unless you have the mindset of it’s a great way to have confidence. 

I’m really curious how they set up the rotation for NY. Maybe they skip him there. 

20 minutes ago, waroriole said:

The Braves offense is garbage for two months, so the results aren’t too surprising. But he looked great, regardless of the futility of the lineup. Kremer better make that rehab start. 

Just allows them to be extra cautious.  

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

No walks is really eye popping

Im not gonna say he’s the poster child for command but it’s not that surprising.  In 13 starts he has:

3 0BB starts 

2 1BB starts

4 2BB starts 

23% of his starts this year have had 0BB. 

Corbin Burnes has had 2 0BB starts. 

Funny story about the game tonight.  I watched it at a bar where the TV had the closed captioned on.  Every time the announcers said Cade Povich’s name the closed caption typed it as Kate Povich.  Just made me chuckle every time.   It reminds me of when years ago Tony Massenburg was playing for MD and the announcer called him Tony Massengale the whole game.  His teammates referred to him the rest of the season as “Douche Bag”.  

• Haha 1

Some of it was good stuff and command of the curve...  a lot of it was a feeble Braves lineup...   He threw a fair number of pitches that good hitting teams would have creamed...

Still, you have to love tonight's gutsy effort...