Wednesday 7/10 Cubs vs. Orioles

86this

1 minute ago, dtk9119 said:

I did that several times. It seems to work for a bit then starts up again.

Yeah, it's an issue with the server, but deleting history is the workaround until the server issue is fixed.  You could also try a different browser.  It's not such an uncommon problem for smaller sites that you happen to frequent a lot.

10 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

No, but he could impact this lineup as a DH or playing 3b with Westburg going to 2b...Im just stating the obvious...

They like giving Adley a lot of days off or at least not wearing him down catching a bunch.  Like it or not they are running a marathon not a sprint. 

16 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

Tony

I getting this many times when I try to post! I cleared my cache.

403 ERROR
The request could not be satisfied.
Request blocked. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.
Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: Ki-gV-imzlczjTCbdcT443RcguEuN_lR9ikxhGJGAlmBnrDTA35jAQ==

im getting this from time to time, not just you 

5 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

Yeah, it's an issue with the server, but deleting history is the workaround until the server issue is fixed.  You could also try a different browser.  It's not such an uncommon problem for smaller sites that you happen to frequent a lot.

DuckDuckGo and brave are my go to browsers.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I think Scott is target #1 for both the Yankees and Orioles. The Yankees need a left RP badly. Either the Yankees are gonna get him or it’s going to hurt what the Orioles give up. 
    • He's not untouchable for me, but if he's traded it'd have to be for someone really good.
    • I would assume top 10 organization as besides us no one has two top 10 guys. 
    • I didn't really have any hard set expectations...IMO, it's just so hard to look at guys who are drafted in the 10-20 range (or past that) in the first round and set expectations on what they should be able to do.  It's different than the NFL where you think practically anyone who's picked in the first round should come in and start in their first year...we've been so used to picking in the top 5, top 10...it's easier to have some sort of expectations for an Adley Rutschman or a Jackson Holliday compared to EBJ. That said, looking at the slash lines and seeing what clips I've seen of him...I'm decently happy with him.  I could have easily seen a scenario with him just washing out right away, struggling to hit .220 and the OBP not cracking .300.   But .281/.357. is fine and I like that separation between the batting average and the OBP.  I'm alright with not hitting for power as long as he's getting on base and using his speed.  Seems like to your point that he's been caught stealing a bit more than you'd like...I think he's just probably getting used to the pro-game a little bit and working on SB technique.  I'm assuming in college for him he didn't have to have refined techniques because no one could compete with his speed...here, it's different and that's probably an adjustment of sorts. @Frobbywanted an OBP  in the .380 range, you wanted over .400.  I obviously would have liked to have seen that, too, but it seems like he's gotten better as the season has gone on, which is a good sign.   Really curious to see how he handles Bowie, that'll really tell us something.  For now, I'm decently happy with where he is but there's certainly room for improvement.   That said, I'm also not ready to plug him into any future plans for the big leagues the way we do for Basallo, Mayo, Holliday and others.
    • Suarez is capable to do 4 innings per start!
    • Scott, Fairbanks, Bednar and maybe Finnegan and Erceg are the only available/potentially available RPs that I think could unseat Kimbrel as closer. And good chance they come in as setup first and only get the closer gig if (/when) Kimbrel falters again. Given that all the rumors are that the Orioles are looking for a lefty RP, I think it’s Scott or bust. Good chance they add a different lefty but it will still be Kimbrel closing. I will be shocked if the Orioles are willing to pay the “RP with team control” prices for the rest of that group (particularly Finnegan, who has a plus arm but whose peripherals are not good). The only realistic other deal is Mountcastle for Bednar, which makes sense and would be awesome.  With the Yankees and every other contender going for Scott, I’m just trying to emotionally prepare myself for some Kimbrel save opportunity heart attacks in October. I still think Kimbrel is a solid reliever but man is he tough to watch when his command goes and things are unraveling for him. 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now