Where Are They Now? Mike Hargrove

O's are Legends

Good stuff. I remember reading an article about him a few years ago in The Hutch News (Hutchinson, KS). Pretty much the same stuff as this video. He obviously loves to manage, whether it be in a place like Liberal or in the bigs, and even though he still covets a ring and would go back, he's at peace with his departure and has no regrets.

I always liked Hargrove, warts and all, and will always wonder how differently things would have turned out if he had some real, legit, talent, particularly young talent to work with during his tenure. Having said that, I think the chances of him getting another job as a big league manager as pretty slim after what happened with Seattle.

I always liked Hargrove, warts and all, and will always wonder how differently things would have turned out if he had some real, legit, talent, particularly young talent to work with during his tenure. Having said that, I think the chances of him getting another job as a big league manager as pretty slim after what happened with Seattle.

Exactly. No one likes a quitter. What else can you say about him? He quit.

He's old now. Let some young guy have his chance.

Exactly. No one likes a quitter. What else can you say about him? He quit.

He's old now. Let some young guy have his chance.

Yeah I hear they have a special place in hell for quitters that are about to kick the bucket.

Archived