MATUSZ at AAA-Norfolk

OFFNY

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm at the game. Looked like the same Matusz we all watched in Baltimore...struggled with his command, sat mostly 86 with his fastball occasionally touching 87. Not very impressive. What a disaster for this organization.

I gotta believe he's injured and doesn't know it. Just because he isn't feeling pain in his throwing motion doesn't mean something isn't wrong. I would shut him down and let the doctors do a VERY thorough examination. My biggest worry is that by the time they finally diagnose what is wrong, he wall aggravated the problem even more. Matusz is a fine pitcher....we've all seen it. Something clearly is wrong beyond pitching craft.

I gotta believe he's injured and doesn't know it. Just because he isn't feeling pain in his throwing motion doesn't mean something isn't wrong. I would shut him down and let the doctors do a VERY thorough examination. My biggest worry is that by the time they finally diagnose what is wrong, he wall aggravated the problem even more. Matusz is a fine pitcher....we've all seen it. Something clearly is wrong beyond pitching craft.

Can we send him to another team's doctors?

Can we send him to another team's doctors?

Seriously! We have a weird habit of underestimating the seriousness of player injuries. Are our doctors friends of Angelos or something? It's not like we don't have one of the world's most respected medical institutions down the street.

Lack of conditioning on a hot day? Seriously, the only way this can change if Angelos sells the team to Ripken and the old Oriole Way is instituted from the ground up. Personally, I can take another 3-4 years of losing if it's done this way. These guys are cupcakes.

Seriously! We have a weird habit of underestimating the seriousness of player injuries. Are our doctors friends of Angelos or something? It's not like we don't have one of the world's most respected medical institutions down the street.

Angelos must be having them sent to docs who specialize in asbestos-related health problems. No coughing, no cancer...no problem! NEXT!

Just as an aside...I'm not making light of anyone that would have asbestos-related illness...wouldn't wish that on anyone.

The fact that he was so effective in his previous start suggests to me that this is not that likely to be an injury-related issue. But who knows? All I know is he can't pitch in Baltimore until he's pitching well in Norfolk on a consistent basis.

Question? If he down in the minors for certain amount of time (fill in the blank) does it help with service years status like it will with Britton this year? I am looking for any silver lining this year. You have to believe he puts it all together eventually and if we then control him for extra time, even better. I am hoping for a Halliday type of recovery; one can dream.

The fact that he was so effective in his previous start suggests to me that this is not that likely to be an injury-related issue. But who knows? All I know is he can't pitch in Baltimore until he's pitching well in Norfolk on a consistent basis.

We'd better hope its an injury because if he's healthy and topping out at 86 we are screwed with a capital S.

Archived