Duke at UNC

The Rick

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Observation:

Mike Patrick hasn't stopped openly rooting for Duke during broadcasts.

"Jeeeze!" When Paulus commited a foul down the stretch.

He disgusts me. Anyone who thinks ****ie V is a Duke-lover isn't paying attention. Mike Patrick drools over them.

Obviously I never like to lose to Duke, but considering Lawson was out, Ellington and Green did nothing and we missed 11 free throws, I can accept it. I'll look forward to seeing the rematch in Duke and the ACC final. Duke played their game very well, congrats to them.

Roy got outcoached tonight. It was close, and it was a good game, but neither team really looked like a top-5 team from what I saw (admittedly not the whole game). Not sure how to describe it. Both teams just looked sloppy.

Losing Lawson hurts, but that really can't be the excuse...Carolina has more than enough players to win this game and they did not utilize them well, IMO. Also didn't help that Duke turned into a mid-major with the three-pointers.

Roy got outcoached tonight. It was close, and it was a good game, but neither team really looked like a top-5 team from what I saw (admittedly not the whole game). Not sure how to describe it. Both teams just looked sloppy.

Losing Lawson hurts, but that really can't be the excuse...Carolina has more than enough players to win this game and they did not utilize them well, IMO. Also didn't help that Duke turned into a mid-major with the three-pointers.

Not sure how you blame Roy for this one. Was he supposed to coach Quentin Thomas into being competent? And, I'm sure he has coached them on defending ball screens. UNC just didn't execute on defense.

Observation:

Mike Patrick hasn't stopped openly rooting for Duke during broadcasts.

"Jeeeze!" When Paulus commited a foul down the stretch.

He disgusts me. Anyone who thinks ****ie V is a Duke-lover isn't paying attention. Mike Patrick drools over them.

Yeah, I don't mind D1ckie V, but I simply can't watch a Duke game that Patrick does anymore. Fortunately Raycom carried this one.

Not sure how you blame Roy for this one. Was he supposed to coach Quentin Thomas into being competent? And, I'm sure he has coached them on defending ball screens. UNC just didn't execute on defense.

I say that mainly to emphasize who the better Williams was tonight ;).

But really, I saw about the last 5 minutes of the first half and all of the second. It felt like they did not go to Hansbrough nearly enough, especially with the way Ellington was shooting. It's not Roy's fault Ellington had a bad night and it's not Roy's fault that Thomas is no Lawson, but from what I saw, I think he didn't emphasize the inside game enough.

Can't agree with you on this one Sam. In fact, Roy tried to the same exact game plan as if Lawson were playing. We just don't have the personnel without Lawson or Frasor. Remember, we're down to our third string PG right now. Thompson and Hansbrough were unstoppable inside and when Deon got his 4th, I knew we were in trouble. Duke sagged on Tyler and Ellington and Green were non factors. Duke played their game, we played ours, but they had better players tonight, and shot the lights out from 3. They deserved to win, but it could be another story with Lawson out there.

K's game plan was great tonight...Let Tyler do whatever...You can't stop him, so just let him get his points...Don't foul him...Make it difficult for him.

UNC did a poor job of guarding the 3s early in the game...Duke was able to extend their lead and never lost it...In fact, i think 18-15 was the last time they trailed..They hit a 3 to tie it and went from there.

Duke shot FTs terribly tonight and didn't get to the line enough.

They didn't get much from Nelson because of his foul trouble.

According to the ESPN game stats, UNC only outrebounded Duke by 1....At one point, they were up 15-5 in rebounds. Duke rebounded great in the second half.

Paulus shot the ball out of his mind tonight.

Duke now has a huge leg up in the battle for the #1 seed in the East...where the first 2 rounds are at the RBC Center in Raleigh and the sweet 16 and elite 8 rounds are in Charlotte.

K's game plan was great tonight...Let Tyler do whatever...You can't stop him, so just let him get his points...Don't foul him...Make it difficult for him.

UNC did a poor job of guarding the 3s early in the game...Duke was able to extend their lead and never lost it...In fact, i think 18-15 was the last time they trailed..They hit a 3 to tie it and went from there.

Duke shot FTs terribly tonight and didn't get to the line enough.

They didn't get much from Nelson because of his foul trouble.

According to the ESPN game stats, UNC only outrebounded Duke by 1....At one point, they were up 15-5 in rebounds. Duke rebounded great in the second half.

Paulus shot the ball out of his mind tonight.

Duke now has a huge leg up in the battle for the #1 seed in the East...where the first 2 rounds are at the RBC Center in Raleigh and the sweet 16 and elite 8 rounds are in Charlotte.

Yea, K did have a great game plan, and the team executed very well. Tyler did get to the line a lot, but couldn't hit his foul shots.

The #1 seed is definitely in your favor right now, I gotta think Carolina needs to win in Duke and in the Tourney to get the #1.

Archived