LF Pearce 3B Machado

3B Machado LF Pearce

CF Jones

1B Davis

DH Young

RF Snider

SS Hardy

C Joseph

Flip Snider and Wieters. Not sure about Manny at #3. Otherwise this looks good. Nelson who?

Vs. RHP

LF de Aza

3B Machado

CF jones

1B Davis

C wieters

RF Pearce

DH snider

SS hardy

2B schoop

Vs. LHP

2B Cabrera

DH young

3B machado

Cf jones

1b Davis

Rf Pearce

Ss hardy

LF snider

C Joseph

I could see a variant with hardy playing Dh some days and Cabrera playing ss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I lot depends on how Cabrera hits. If he hits like he has for the last three years he is a 9th place hitter (319 OBP) and shares time with Schoop. If he hits like he did in 2013 he is a leadoff hitter (355 OBP) and is hard to keep out of the lineup.

The other thing to consider is that Cabrera has averaged about 100 games played over the last three years and has never played over 115 games in his 6 year major league career. So he probably won't be in the lineup all the time.

Cabrera got busted for steroids the year he made the All-Star team so I have to wonder if he can play that well again. Time will tell.

Schoop had a 1.098 OPS spring last year. So he will probably be stiff competition for Cabrera.

RHP

Cabrera 2B

Machado 3B

Davis 1B

Jones CF

Wieters C

Pearce RF

Snider DH

Hardy SS

De Aza LF

LHP

Cabrera 2B

Machado 3B

Pearce RF

Jones CF

Davis 1B

Delmon DH

Wieters C

Hardy SS

Reimold LF

Bench

Calib

Flash

Lough

De Aza/Reimold

You have 14 position players there. Do you think they only carry 11 pitchers?

I think we will see more of Cabrera/Schoop & Cabrera/Hardy lineups then people assume.

I think there some concern for JJ's health as he may get days off than normal this years past.

Also, didnt Manny, JJ, and Schopp (2013) all have back issues.

If Cabrerra plays semi-regularly (2B & SS), and Schoop does too --- I would think that doesn't bode too well for Flanny, does it?

If Cabrerra plays semi-regularly (2B & SS), and Schoop does too --- I would think that doesn't bode too well for Flanny, does it?

In Roch's column, Buck mentioned that all three could make the team. The only way I see that happening is if they trade Lough/De Aza.

One of them will be at AAA. It's real confusing about the reports - first reports said the Orioles were fine with giving $2.4MM to Cabrera even if he's sent to AAA .... Now we hear that he going to be getting a decent amount of playing time... so who really knows. We know Cruz came over with a lot of baggage but handled fine. If we see the 2012-2013 version of him he will end up starting IMO with Schoop back at AAA and Flash on the bench. If he struggles in ST, I think flash will be sent down to AAA and Schoop will start.

Archived