2 outta 3

Osfan08

Ya know, everyone says how great it is to get 2 outta 3 but I refuse to do cartwheels over it. So what has changed because we took 2 outta 3 from the Yankees? Practically nothing has changed. We separated one game from the Yankees. Whoopty doo. What about the Detroit Tigers? They are coming fast and furious for that 2nd wildcard spot and guess what? We are STILL tied with them for it after winning 2 outta 3 from New York. So excuse me for not wringing my hands together in excitement. Now had the Oriole bats not been embarrassingly putrid today, then Baltimore would have separated THREE GAMES from the Yankees. Now THAT would be substantial. Plus Baltimore would have a 1 game lead on Detroit but whatever. 2 outta 3 flat out doesn't change a whole lot.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ya know, everyone says how great it is to get 2 outta 3 but I refuse to do cartwheels over it. So what has changed because we took 2 outta 3 from the Yankees? Practically nothing has changed. We separated one game from the Yankees. Whoopty doo. What about the Detroit Tigers? They are coming fast and furious for that 2nd wildcard spot and guess what? We are STILL tied with them for it after winning 2 outta 3 from New York. So excuse me for not wringing my hands together in excitement. Now had the Oriole bats not been embarrassingly putrid today, then Baltimore would have separated THREE GAMES from the Yankees. Now THAT would be substantial. Plus Baltimore would have a 1 game lead on Detroit but whatever. 2 outta 3 flat out doesn't change a whole lot.

it is very hard to sweep taking 2 out of 3 the rest of the way wins the wild card.

Still tied for the wild card. Treading water gets us into the postseason, which is honestly about what we can hope for at this point. Certainly better than losing 2 of 3.

Especially when we don't have our best pitcher get through this week and hopefully Tilman is back and healthy that will give the team a jolt.

Guess I don't know how to define treading water. That to me is .500. If we play .666 we will be fine.

Ok. I was thinking some people were not happy with2 out of 3. I don't think we make it though. I hope I'm wrong but this team is very fortunate to be where they are considering how the offense and pitching has been.

Probably stating the obvious, but if the O's win 2 out of 3 in every series the rest of the way, they'll finish with 90/91 wins, and almost certainly make the playoffs.

The problem is they play so much worse on the road, though...

Probably stating the obvious, but if the O's win 2 out of 3 in every series the rest of the way, they'll finish with 90/91 wins, and almost certainly make the playoffs.

The problem is they play so much worse on the road, though...

Yes if they win 2 outta 3 from here on out but that is far from a guarantee. Its not even probable. I was referring to winning 2 outta 3 in THIS series. It didn't change much at all. It is unbelievably frustrating because today was an extremely winnable game. I think the Os need to get red hot and they need to do it ASAP. I want to win the division. I am not interested in playing a one game playoff at fenway park. Our team is bad on the road and one game playoffs scare the crap outta me anyway. I honestly don't understand why the it cannot be a wildcard 3 game series. I think that it would be more fair and more entertaining.

Two out of three the rest of the way gives us 92-93 W I'll take it.

We have zero reason to believe this team will win 2 outta 3 for the remainder of the season. I certainly hope that they do but I am not optimistic. Of course winning 2 out of 3 over a long period of time is very important. I was referring to the Yankee series. It didn't help us much at all. A sweep would have been huge.

Archived