DL Hall 2022

Tony-OH

34 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Hall pitched around a lot of BS in the 3rd.  First batter reached on catcher’s interference, later got to 3B on a throwing error on a bunt single, putting runners on 1st and 3rd with one out.  But he K’d the next batter and got the third out on a fly out. 

That K was a swing on a low 98-mph fastball. A beautiful sight to behold. 

1 minute ago, emmett16 said:

Not tonight.  Done after 4ip.  Can’t complain with letting him finish on a high note.  That’s about the best I’ve seen him throw this year. 

Still annoyed they’re yanking him after 71 pitches. 

42 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

This way they can say he needs to go deeper into games as a reason not to promote him.

Like they did with Grayson.

There are other reasons not to hurry Hall.  But I’m glad he pitched pretty well tonight after a couple of subpar outings.  

9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

There are other reasons not to hurry Hall.  But I’m glad he pitched pretty well tonight after a couple of subpar outings.  

Wanted to see him go longer, but sometimes a good night’s work is good for the psyche.  

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

This way they can say he needs to go deeper into games as a reason not to promote him.

Like they did with Grayson.

I suspect they were purposely tipping his pitches to the opposing dugout last game too so it looks like he's not ready yet.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.masnsports.com/blog/ramsey-on-hall-the-stuff-has-been-great

Executive vice president/general manager Mike Elias said earlier this week that Hall’s stuff “has been incredible.”

“He’s right, the stuff has been great,” said Norfolk pitching coach Justin Ramsey.

“He was throwing more strikes (Sunday) than I’ve ever seen him throw in terms of just getting ahead. The first three innings, I think, ended up being 58 pitches, but it was only 12 balls, so it wasn’t efficient in terms of getting outs, but it wasn’t because of a lack of command. So that was good to see.

“He’s growing as we go through this. We’ve identified a couple things that we really want to chip away at that we think will help clean up the longer at-bats, I guess I’ll say. It was a bad, obviously, week, but we think, long-term, this will be good for him in terms of his growth and where he can go from here. We’re actually really excited to see where he goes with his next couple outings here.”

5 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Part of the problem with following the minors as closely as people on this board do is they follow every start and sometimes every inning of young men who are still developing and then rising and falling with each start.

We all should know that Hall has all of the stuff to be a successful major league pitcher. We all know he's barely pitched above AA until this season. 

Give him time. He's going to be a guy who will ultimately be very successful in some role in the major leagues. If the Orioles were contenders there could be a push to get him up in an Akin role, but for now, let him keep developing and see if he can get more efficient outs and get deeper into games against AAA hitters. 

Yep.

19 hours ago, oldfan said:

Just watched Shane McClanahan mow the Blue Jays down for 7 innings, 3 hits, 1 walk, 10 k's. Very impressive, throwing 96-98, curve and change, I wonder if Tony thinks Hall can get to that level?

They have a similar repertoire for sure, but the big difference is command and control in McClanhan's favor. Hall throws a little harder than McClanahan but looking at his statcast info it looks close to what I've seen from Hall. If Hall can coral it more often like he did last night, he could be a similiar pitcher.