The faux binoculars hands to the eyes thing the O's do when reaching base ...

NashLumber

Accidentally posted to game threads. Can moderators move to Orioles Talk?

I asked this in the game thread today and lo and behold The Baltimore Sun wrote about this morning. 

I had no idea and finally had to ask on Facebook and a friend sent me this. The article says it's a motion used in Call of Duty that several

of the players play in the clubhouse. Odor started it as a team bonding thing. Apparently they all find it amusing

if someone does it and that's why the base runner is looking at the dugout when he does it. "

IWith a pair of faux binoculars, the Orioles celebrate each hit with a toast to Call of Duty

• Thanks 1

I remember Charlie Taylor’s comment about why he simply handed the ball to the referee whenever he caught a touchdown pass: “I like to act like I’ve been there before.”   But at the rate the O’s get on base, I guess any hit warrants a celebration.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

I remember Charlie Taylor’s comment about why he simply handed the ball to the referee whenever he caught a touchdown pass: “I like to act like I’ve been there before.”   But at the rate the O’s get on base, I guess any hit warrants a celebration.  

I've always loved that approach and that quote. But I think I'm probably in the minority in that view these days. So I'll just roll with it.

The thing I really find distasteful is the beating of one's chest with what looks like apparent anger or rage. My reaction is "aren't you supposed to be happy?" It looks like road rage.

When that guy from the Mets beat Mancini in the HR Derby beat his chest in self-congratulations, it seemed like piling on or gloating, especially right in front of a guy who had just battled cancer and was making a comeback. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

I've always loved that approach and that quote. But I think I'm probably in the minority in that view these days. So I'll just roll with it.

The thing I really find distasteful is the beating of one's chest with what looks like apparent anger or rage. My reaction is "aren't you supposed to be happy?" It looks like road rage.

When that guy from the Mets beat Mancini in the HR Derby beat his chest in self-congratulations, it seemed like piling on or gloating, especially right in front of a guy who had just battled cancer and was making a comeback. 

OG's gonna OG!  Agree on The big fella from NYM - full of himself.

• Upvote 1