Aaron Hicks (Update: Signed by the Orioles to replace Mullins)

cboemmeljr

Cameron was brought here to add depth and as a possible injury replacement for McKenna.  They  are facing a bunch of right handed pitchers coming up so they most likely feel that having Hicks a lefty bat is a better option at this point.  ME and the organization likes the lefty righty thing so putting McKenna and Cameron on the roster for extra outfielder is redundant.  If Hicks is here a month from now and Cowser is healthy then I can see a complaint but til then I see little difference between Cameron and Hicks except one is a switch hitter.  

5 hours ago, Fiver6565 said:

worse signing - Hicks, for Brett Phillips last year?  At least Phillips could run.

Phillips would make more sense.  Didn’t he just get DFA-ed?  If Hicks could play at all near replacement would the Yankees release him w 3 years left on his contract.

I wonder what conversations the Orioles have had with Westburg. He has earned a spot on the 26. Have they given him a timetable.

Hit his 14th HR last night. .998 OPS, I don't care whose spot he takes in the every day lineup (Mateo, Frazier, Vavra, Urias, Mountcastle...) he should be starting for the O's now.