Why Ryan O’Hearn Must Go (Sorry, Ryan)

RZNJ

On 1/15/2024 at 9:21 AM, RZNJ said:

The Orioles aren’t going to strict platoon Ryan Mountcastle to start the year.   That means O’Hearn gets some starts at 1B, the majority of his AB’s at DH (when Adley isn’t) and maybe a few COF.   The problem is that DH and COF would be the place for Kjerstad to get AB’s and he’s blocked by O’Hearn.    With O’Hearn on the team, I see Kjerstad back to Norfolk which I find hard to believe will actually happen.   I don’t think O’Hearn has much trade value but I also don’t think they would have to release him.   Some team (Cleveland?) will give up a warm minor league body for him.

Would Elias move on from O’Hearn?   Two reasons he might.  It’s hard to believe O’Hearn is really an .800 hitter and that he can repeat last year AND he’s blocking Kjerstad AND he’s gone after this year anyway.    Does Elias believe in O’Hearn enough to keep him?

Why is Heston Kjerstad still in AAA?  He already has 8 home runs!!  He played well last year?  He should replace Mateo!!  

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

Why is Heston Kjerstad still in AAA?  He already has 8 home runs!!  He played well last year?  He should replace Mateo!!  

And play when and where?

5 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

If he is a potential Aaron Judge 35-40 Home Run hitter, we can't find a place for him???? 

Just answer the question.  Where do you think he should play, and how often?  Whose time are you cutting to make room?   

This would be a lot easier if Ryan O’Hearn had a sub-.600 OPS.  But he’s hitting the snot out of the ball.  

11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Just answer the question.  Where do you think he should play, and how often?  Whose time are you cutting to make room?   

This would be a lot easier if Ryan O’Hearn had a sub-.600 OPS.  But he’s hitting the snot out of the ball.  

How about Ryan O'Hearn be DH on days Rutschman catches and Heston Kjerstad play left field???  Ryan is not a good defensive outfielder anyway.  To make room for Heston Kjerstad trade or designate Mateo.

3 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

How about Ryan O'Hearn be DH on days Rutschman catches and Heston Kjerstad play left field???  Ryan is not a good defensive outfielder anyway.  To make room for Heston Kjerstad trade or designate Mateo.

Who's starting in RF? Cowser or Santander, and which one are you putting on the bench in favor of Kjerstad?

Just now, interloper said:

Who's starting in RF? Cowser or Santander, and which one are you putting on the bench in favor of Kjerstad?

Cowser!  We may have to consider trading Santander for pitching, he is off to a slow start and he is a FA at the end of the season.

2 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

Cowser!  We may have to consider trading Santander for pitching, he is off to a slow start and he is a FA at the end of the season.

What pitching would you be willing to give up for a partial Santander season?

11 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

Does your mommie know your posting on a sports message board?

(just kidding). Been waiting to use that one.  😁

• Haha 1

Just now, oriolediehard said:

To a contender who has surplus pitching but needs hitting, Seattle and Cleveland come to mind?

I guess my question wasn't clear.

If you were a team in need of a CO bat, what would you give up for a partial season of Santander?  He's 29, making 11.7M and thus far is playing at replacement level.

What caliber of pitching are you willing to part with?

20 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

Hays would be the one going bye bye. 

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I guess my question wasn't clear.

If you were a team in need of a CO bat, what would you give up for a partial season of Santander?  He's 29, making 11.7M and thus far is playing at replacement level.

What caliber of pitching are you willing to part with?

Shane Bieber?

• Haha 1