Could the Orioles be in on Jordan Montgomery after the season officially starts?

Tony-OH

10 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

This is still good news. Didn’t go to Houston or NYY. 

Yup. I’m glad some other division stepped up. The AL East lost, or lost out on, a lot of talent this offseason. Our only subtractions were Bradish and Gibson. Bradish might not be lost all year. 🙏🏻 

25 minutes ago, Warehouse said:

Disappointing. If we matched, I assume he’d choose us with Walltimore and his wife in Boston. The silver lining is it’s not the Yankees or Red Sox.

True enough. 

• Upvote 1

I'm glad I resisted from letting myself get my hopes up too much. I managed to distract myself with other things because logically, this was always the likely outcome. We have owners who are in transition of a transaction and a Front Office who has never signed a big name free agent (unless we can count Craig Kimbrel as a big name free agent. This message board wouldn't consider Frasier or Gibson as one). 

At least he landed in the National League and not the AL East.

I hope we can focus on enticing Burnes to sign for the 2025+ Season once we get ownership settled in.

2 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Loser think

You sound like a jackass. I’m disappointed too but I’m also happy that two of the biggest contenders in the league that had recent pitching injuries didn’t get better.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, oriole said:

You sound like a jackass. I’m disappointed too but I’m also happy that two of the biggest contenders in the league that had recent pitching injuries didn’t get better.

That's because he is. He's the biggest troll on the board, and he only communicates with primitive posts usually limited to 2 sentences or less which are almost always wrong and/or meant to antagonize. I hope Tony bans him. He's a loser. 

12 minutes ago, Brooks The Great said:

That's because he is. He's the biggest troll on the board, and he only communicates with primitive posts usually limited to 2 sentences or less which are almost always wrong and/or meant to antagonize. I hope Tony bans him. He's a loser. 

I’m actually on the Orioles Hangout Grand Counsel

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Orioles0615 said:

I would bet the Orioles never even called 

I'll bet Scott Boras called on a regular basis beginning the day the sale to Rubenstein and his group was announced.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• The leg kick nothing to do with the length of swing.  The swing starts when the front heel drops (after whatever stride/load mechanism is used).  
    • Where’s his ranking for walks?  Curious how his walk rate is compared to the league average.  
    • Honestly I dont know her history but she seems like she did not grow up a baseball nut but is trying this just to be an announcer.   If baseball really has to force women into all these jobs they should go to the women who played softball at a high level like college and international level.  Bring them in.  There are some amazing women softball players that would actually have real insight into the game.  
    • 'How dare you keep highlighting a positive stat about the Orioles!' is an odd take, that's for sure.
    • I agree with Tony that I don't get the fact that the SP is automatically ineligible if he doesn't go 5, but the subsequent reliever is, even if all he does is get the last out of the fifth and nothing more.  If its up to the scorekeepers discretion who gets the win in certain circumstances, why can't the starting pitcher get factored into the possibilities in those situations, at least as an option?  You don't HAVE to give it to him but you can if you feel he's the most deserving.  I don't get why that's not the case in the right circumstance (IE, Bradish leaves after 4.2 w/ the lead, and the O's never give it up - why does the guy who gets one out in the fifth get that win?  That's dumb). I do think .300 BA does and should still matter though.  Just because batting average isn't the best stat to determine the best hitters, it doesn't mean that a .300 batting average isn't good.  You bat .300, you're a good hitter, IMO.  Doesn't necessarily mean you're better than a guy who's batting .250 with a much higher OBP and/or OPS.  But it does mean you're a good major league hitter - assuming decent sample sizes.
    • As I've said numerous times, she's tolerable on TV PBP, where a timely and accurate description of the action is not essential.  I wouldn't say she's good at it, but it's passable.   It's the radio PBP where she's basically unacceptable.  
    • The Gunnar HR call was horrific. She referred to McCann as Adley on a throw to second. I don’t expect perfection. People make mistakes and misspeak. I get it. But she’s not good imo. 
  • Popular Contributors