O's nearing deal with reliever Gonzalez

fansince1988

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Easy there. Atkins is looking to sign anywhere he can start so it probably could get done with 1 year and a team option.

Also, call it a gut feeling, but I think AM gets Gordon from KC for Pie and a prospect. I don't know why but I have this feeling that KC will come back to the O's and AM's patience will prevail.

Well they already got rid of Jacobs and traded away Teahen who's going to play hot corners for KC? Hosmer? Just to make this clear Gonzo is a better pitcher then flat-breezy .

Easy there. Atkins is looking to sign anywhere he can start so it probably could get done with 1 year and a team option.

Also, call it a gut feeling, but I think AM gets Gordon from KC for Pie and a prospect. I don't know why but I have this feeling that KC will come back to the O's and AM's patience will prevail.

That would be freakin' awesome. I love me some Gordon. Not in a weird way. Just think he can be a nice MLBer. Hence my drafting him in the past two years in my fantasy league.

By losing the 2nd round pick, do you think it is more likely that the club picks one of the top prospects at #3, as opposed to looking at more of a value pick in the first round?

If so....losing the 2nd round pick doesn't bother me too much. I don't know all of the names, but if we come away with one of Harper, Talion, or the pitcher from LSU....I'll be quite satisfied.

By losing the 2nd round pick, do you think it is more likely that the club picks one of the top prospects at #3, as opposed to looking at more of a value pick in the first round?

If so....losing the 2nd round pick doesn't bother me too much. I don't know all of the names, but if we come away with one of Harper, Talion, or the pitcher from LSU....I'll be quite satisfied.

I don't think money is too much of an issue for the O's at their top choice.

If they think two guys are pretty close, and one wants $7M while the other wants $4M, then it makes sense to go with the $4M guy and spend the extra elsewhere, but if one guy is clearly ahead of the other, I don't think the money is a major concern.

Tailon is the guy I'd like as well.

Right now they http://www.mymlbdraft.com/MLB-Mock-Draft-2010 has us taking Talion right now but, there is also a Shortstop projected to go in 1st intresting. Either way I believe Gonzo shouldn't be dealt in mid-july if he doing good-great. We need that guy that can be that go to guy for couple years intil we develop a legit closer.

I would think Snyder, Hernandez, and something smaller might be pretty strong after looking at the Lee deal.

Archived