• 70 replies
    • 9.7k views
    • 100 replies
    • 10.4k views
    • 87 replies
    • 8.2k views
    • 78 replies
    • 8.4k views
    • Maybe weve been unlucky this year. I've followed the O's since there was TJS surgery (early 70's) I dont ever remember having 4 pitchers lost for the season or rehabbing at the same time. And here I thought it was par for course. seems like Tampa and Miami just off the top of my head go through a lot.
    • All really good points.  The thing is it is very difficult to project a baseball player at age 18-21 to what he will do later in his career. That is why when I see players with similar stats in the minors, I try to look for flash plays and elite plays.  Plays that normal guys don't make, even if they have good stats. I saw that with Manny right away.  I saw it with Gunnar.  They just 'did things' that a player of normal athletic ability don't make.   I don't see JH flashing that way. That doesn't mean he won't be a very good player.  I fully expect him to be a really good player.  Just imo he won't be an elite elite player. 
    • If Seattle trades a pitcher at the deadline, my money is on Woo.  He’s still the guy I would want the most although the injuries are a bit concerning.  That said, I would deal Mounty(or Santander) for him in a heartbeat.
    • Excellent, sir.  Thanks for this.  I read about him 15 or so years ago.  I think it's the screwball that got me pursuing information about elbow injuries.  But as I read and watched his videos, I began to understand the reason I wasn't having pain from throwing the screwball as a kid was because I had to position my arm and adjust my normal delivery to do it.  It was poor mechanics on curveballs and sidearming them and trying to max spin them that likely hurt me at a tender age, despite being admonished not to do it yet wanting to do what the pros do. Anyway, square-peg guy here.  Unabashedly so.  I love the guys that tell everyone they're thinking in the wrong direction or too "established."  John Sarno comes to mind when it comes to back pain. Thanks for posting those.  I was shocked - in a good way - at the number of trainers using weighted balls in rehab and strength development nowadays.  That was almost nonexistent when I first read about him, but it seems like it's now almost a standard practice.  Thanks again!