Eddie Murray vs. Royals 8/11

weams

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's one of the few things you can do on this board with absolutely no fear of anyone disagreeing/disapproving. :D

I haven't seen them and I'm extremely surprised they're abysmal. Not only does he look good when he plays us (like you say), but I listened to the Royals telecast back when we were playing them in May and their announces were positively raving about his defense. Saying he should be an all-star candidate on his defense alone...

I dunno, I like my stats as much as the next guy, but defensive metrics still tell me things I can't make sense of sometimes...

It's interesting. He was very good last year (10.2 URZ) and he's currently at -21 UZR/150. Most of it is range, too. DRS (+/-) has him at -5 (after being +10 last year) so it's pegged him as bad, too.

Yeah, I'd actually be happy w/ that. Q won't keep up his current production but he has good on base skills.

I think he thinks Hardy will get more fastballs there. If Nick is on base and the middle of the order coming up. You hit him at the bottom of the order no one would challenge him as much, just looking at it from another view.

It's interesting. He was very good last year (10.2 URZ) and he's currently at -21 UZR/150. Most of it is range, too. DRS (+/-) has him at -5 (after being +10 last year) so it's pegged him as bad, too.

Yeah, and I can't think of a plausible reason why that would be so...maybe they cut the grass very rarely in KC and tons of infield singles just die before he can get to them? (I don't actually mean to suggest this is a possibility, but hell, these things matter) It's weird.

Archived