If Davis is out for any extended period of time, signing Morales becomes a no brainer

AlbionHero

If he couldn't get a three year deal when he had a bit of leverage in the offseason and now has no deal and no leverage AT ALL, I find it hard to see how he ends up now with a multi year deal. Baseball is just fine moving on without Kendrys Morales and perhaps he might be inclined to recognize that (Boras or no Boras.) He will sign somewhere on a one year deal, imho.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Heyman article claims that both sides were discussing a 1 year deal.

If he couldn't get a three year deal when he had a bit of leverage in the offseason and now has no deal and no AT ALL, I find it hard to see how he ends up now with a multi year deal. Baseball is just fine moving on without Kendrys Morales and perhaps he might be inclined to recognize that (Boras or no Boras.) He will sign somewhere the a one year deal, imho.

The Heyman article claims that both sides were discussing a 1 year deal.
I don't see how the O's could offer more than they did Cruz, and why not see what we get from Pearce until Davis is back. And that will before the draft. Seems to me after the draft Morales get better offers, with more teams interested now he doesn't cost a pick.

Seems to me after the draft Morales get better offers, with more teams interested now he doesn't cost a pick.

Or maybe he doesn't. He's a DH that has had no spring and if Boras has been smart, he has been playing PS2 and nothing else. Maybe some treadmill. Certainly nothing that he could get injured doing. Like lifting any weights.

Or maybe he doesn't. He's a DH that has had no spring and if Boras has been smart, he has been playing PS2 and nothing else. Maybe some treadmill. Certainly nothing that he could get injured doing. Like lifting any weights.

Or coughing.

A lot of teams will want another bat. And the Brewers could use one now. Just not the O's.

After June 1st he can't be QO'd again and can be a true FA. Here is as good as anywhere to finish the year and re-establish his value next year in free agency with no QO albatross.Seems like a good fit for both sides. We just have to pony up.

After June 1st he can't be QO'd again and can be a true FA. Here is as good as anywhere to finish the year and re-establish his value next year in free agency with no QO albatross.Seems like a good fit for both sides. We just have to pony up.
Who does he replace? And would be that much better? We may need the $$$ at the deadline for a CL e.g.

Who does he replace? And would be that much better? We may need the $$$ at the deadline for a CL e.g.

I say he will be worse. For who ever pays him a small amount of money to be a bat for the 10 teams that could use a guy like him. I believe he is nowhere close to being able to help a team. I believe he has not worked out.

Archived