Anyone getting tired of the "do-nothing" approach???

PA724_Oriole

Keep winning. I don`t care.
I got really tired of losing every year. I'll take this approach.
I prefer the results that Dan has gotten so far. The "just do something" approach backfires more often than not.

This. So long as the team is winning, Dan gets total deference. It has been an incredibly boring week, however, except for the Duquette to Toronto rumors.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get tired of people whining every year because we haven't made that big splash even though it doesn't make sense for us to do it, as if 2012-14 never happened. I wouldn't have wanted them to pay Markakis, Miller, or Cruz, what they got. I think there are a lot of options to upgrade the team that won't weigh us down for the future. Dan will make some moves and some may be surprising.

They can take whatever approach they like if it gets me another 3 consecutive winning seasons and multiple playoff appearances ;)

Seriously though, relax, people. Pitchers and catchers don't report until mid-February and Santa Claus won't even be here for another 2 weeks. Let's maybe wait until after football season ends before making grand pronouncements about whether or not the offseason was a success, a disaster, or something in between.

It doesn't matter when you buy your Christmas gifts, as long as you have them under the tree on December 25.

If come opening day the replacements for Cruz and Markakis are Dariel Alvarez and lots more playing time for David Lough and Alejandro De Aza, then we'll have every right to complain. Until then I'll hold my tongue.

Lost best power hitter and middle of the order threat. Check.

Lost leadoff hitter and solid every-day right fielder with Gold Glove. Check.

Lost best reliever. Check.

Obtained: Nothing.

:angryfire:

Not particularly, but I also don't want to punch the pizza delivery guy in the face if my food isn't here in 45 mins or less.

I am getting used to the "do nothing" approach. I'm not sure there is a Cruz out there who will take a cheap 1 year deal and put up all-star numbers. I understand the O's can't compete for the top FA. I would like to see the O's do something like the Yankees did this year and sign a ton of international players. The O's should take a shot at doing the same thing. I believe the Yankees added something like 15 top international prospects. The Yankees had the equivalent of an extra "draft" or two of players added to their farms.

Trying to get excited about the eventual signing of Morse, Morales, or Young, and a mediocre middle reliever.

For me, its tough to get excited about any of these big signings, since pretty much every big free agent deal turns into a mistake. How many of these 100 million dollar deals actually pan out? The players are good for a couple years and then they become a contract the team wants to get rid of. I don't wanna bother with that stuff.

I don't think they'll sign/trade anyone at the winter meetings. Heck, probably not even for the WHOLE MONTH of December. But knowing DD and this crew, they WILL get something done before ST starts. And it will probably be a move that no one is expecting either. I love the way this FO operates. Brilliant.

By the way, since the "Blue Jays Interested in Duquette?" thread is closed and this is somewhat related, I wanted to chime in late about the Blue Jays situation. I didn't post in that thread because I was in a fit of anger/shock, and knew I would've posted something outrageous.

Anyway, isn't it kind of against the rules for the Jays to offer Duquette a job when he is clearly under contract with us? Kind of like how GM's can't talk about how they are trying to acquire players that are under contract for another team? Seems pretty low of the Jays to do that.

Archived