Release Ubaldo Now

Diehard_O's_Fan

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Don't need to see Wilson or Asher. They are not possibilities. And Wilson can absolutely do worse.

Aquino, Ynoa (I like his stuff) and maybe even Lee.

I'm with you with Ynoa. He has the stuff to be successful at the major league level  

Looking at Bowie's roster, John Means has come on strong of late. He's only allowed 4 runs in his last four starts over 25.2 innings. Not to mention his scouting report says he has advanced control which would be welcome in the Orioles rotation. He started really slowly but has adjusted.

Like I said the veterans should be dumped and the rest of the  season should be an evaluation period. 

18 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

I think, if we wanted to, we could get Wilson, Verret and Nuno through waivers.

Any chance we could try to stretch out Castro?  Or would that be a waste of time?

Castro is a guy we need to develop too. Guys like him are what the rest of the season is about. He's out of options for next year. He's 22. Been rushed like hell. The guy needs innings.  It would be nice to let him get as many as possible so that he can be as dependable as possible for next year. I like him going multi inning stints out pen up here. 

Gotta remember that Castro is only about 6 months older than Tanner Scott. If that puts things into perspective. 

Gotta find out if he's a nugget. 

23 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

No way  they were real starts though unless in was inning start in that year he had 38 innings pitched in 27 games..  

So you made me go read a bunch of Buffalo Bison box scores. Lol.

After reading the write ups, you are somewhat correct.  His first five appearances with Buffalo, starting in May, were as a starter.  His first two starts were plan piggybacked by Todd Redmond.  The first write up said he was transitioning into a starter.  Which is a little odd because most of his appearances in 2014 were as a starter.  He went 1, into the third, into the third, and then five in his fourth start.  He didn't get out of the second in his fifth start and didn't pitch for at least 10 games, so he may have injured himself.  Then pitched out of the pen.

His handling seems a little odd as he was 20 in AAA and TOR that season.

2 minutes ago, Babypowder said:

He's getting them closer to admitting they have to sell. Keep trotting him out there.

The hope is that we sell by 7/31.   Then we hope that Ubaldo somehow throws 2 or 3 decent games in a row and we can move him in August.   Same could be said for Miley.

& let's talk about another bust.. Davis!! Honestly once in a blue moon clutch hit.. 99% of his at bats have no positive impact on the game.. K King!! Doesn't even put the ball in play to make something happen other then hit into double plays. Eat the mistake move on like the Red Sox did with Sandaval. The O's HR or nothing phylososphy sucks.. wake up it's been nothing! Red Sox are 27th in HRs and are in 1st place.. what does that tell you??

16 hours ago, Tx Oriole said:

That's why I doubt Angelos will eat any money to release Ubaldo.

Money is already spent.

There is no reason not to release Jimenez and give the starts to Aquino to see what he can do over an extended look. Honestly, I'd take Asher back too.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• @eddie83 Rename the thread to Kyle Stowers 2024?
    • Ten innings isn't much to go on for evaluating a pitcher that hasn't pitched in a year. His old numbers aren't so bad... maybe he needs some time to knock the rust off... or maybe his velocity is gone... who knows...  cheap question to answer. The front office is probably the best I've seen at scraping the dirt off half-eaten dumpster sandwiches, and turning them into decent meals.
    • True. Adley has played in 38 of the teams 39 games so far. I know DH is a partial day off, but hopefully they can manage him a little better and keep his legs fresh for the second half.
    • "I started research for this book convinced that a closer look at Iran-Contra, using the lives of McFarlane, Poindexter, and North as a back lighting, would result in a different picture, possibly ennobling, surely less purposely sinister. As for Webb and McCain, their role was not to be a minor or peripheral one, nor is it. I conceived of their lives as illuminating not just the Iran-Contra figures, but that portion of the generation to which they all belonged. That was my plan: to use all five men as metaphors for the emotions, motivations, and beliefs of a legion of well-meaning but ill-starred warriors. Along the way, I discovered that living, breathing human beings resist transformation into symbols, that they demand their own humanity, for better or for worse. In the end I granted it to them, reluctantly, and not before having to own up to some things about myself I would have preferred to remain dormant...” - Robert Timberg, “The Nightingale's Song”   “Tonight I'm with myself again I'm talking with my mind These last three months we've talked a lot And found we're in a bind Not that we're different We don't think we're unique But the answers we're questioning Are those we've heard you speak We haven't decided you're wrong For experience has a function But my mind is at the crossroad And I think I'm at a junction You sent us here to join you And to fight your distant war We did, but even those who make it home Carry back a scar The answer that we question most Is one we've heard you say 'You owe it to your country, boy, It's the American Way' We haven't decided you're really wrong For experience has its function But my mind is at the crossroad And I can't find the junction We haven't decided you're wrong For experience has its function But you've thrown us out here on the backroads And we're gonna find the junction - Wounded Medic, U.S. Army Hospital, Zama, Japan From Michael J. Glasser, “365 Days”   “I knew, or thought I knew, what these men had lived through, just as I knew that many of their detractors had employed the vilest forms of subterfuge to avoid those same experiences. Thus, while I did not like what North, McFarlane, and Poindexter purportedly had done, I disliked their accusers even more… I wasn't inclined to line up with North, McFarlane, and Poindexter, but the self-righteousness of their critics gradually became intolerable to me. If was if my past, a past I was determined to keep at bay, was equally intent on reclaiming me.” - Robert Timberg, “The Nightingale's Song”   “A few months ago I told the American people that I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that is true, but the facts and evidence tell me it is not.” - Ronald Reagan   “An old Marine named Ben Frank likened Ronald Reagan's performance during Iran-Contra to the piano player in a whore house who tells the cops how shocked he was to learn what was going on upstairs.” - Robert Timberg, “The Nightingale's Song”   “I have memories of a place so far removed from the comforts of this blessed country that I have learned to forget some of the anguish it once brought me. But my happiness these last twenty years has not let me forget the friends who did not return with me to the country we love so dearly. The memory of them, of what they bore for honor and country, causes me to look in every prospective conflict for the shadow of Vietnam. I do not let that shadow hold me in fear from my duty as I have been given light to see that duty. Yet it no longer falls to me to bear arms in my country's defense. It falls to you. I pray that if the time comes for you to answer the call to arms, the battle will be necessary and the field well chosen. But that is not your responsibility. Your honor is in your answer, not your summons.” - John McCain   For those who grew up in the “shadow of Vietnam,” the war is always out there “coiling and uncoiling in the dark” coloring their experiences and the frame through which they are interpreted. Robert McFarlane acknowledges this when he said in an interview about the aftermath of Iran-Contra “I think in a year's time, a curious and haunting factor that will come out in this episode is the Vietnam War.” Food for thought for the generation achieving positions of responsibility in the aftermath of America's longest war – the war in Afghanistan. - Mike Plante
    • Elias is at it again, a move so damn good no one can figure it out!
    • Guaranteed we get swept now.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now