Better Defense

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no idea.    One thing I clearly remember Dan Duquette saying when he arrived was he liked the fact that the defense was strong up the middle with Wieters, Hardy and Jones.    We’ve got two guys with good reputations at catcher, Martin whose defense was well regarded in the minors but hasn’t been tested as a major leaguer, and Mullins who showed good range in the minors but didn’t do as well in 2 months of major league service.     I think those guys are the key, and also whether Ruiz gets the playing time over Nunez.    Overall, I’m hoping the defense will be better, but I think it will be no better than average.    

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Davis at first.

I’m hoping that his slimming down a bit and focusing on flexibility/agility will allow him to reverse his defensive decline of the past two years.     Of course, if it’s just a case of his reflexes slowing with age, not much can be done about that.   

13 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m hoping that his slimming down a bit and focusing on flexibility/agility will allow him to reverse his defensive decline of the past two years.     Of course, if it’s just a case of his reflexes slowing with age, not much can be done about that.   

Anyone got video of that throw hitting him in the chest?

1 hour ago, mdbdotcom said:

Will depend a lot on whose playing in July, August and September. I'm not assuming that the opening day roster is going to be the active roster for more than half the season.

It would be nice to have a contest to guess which players on the opening day roster will be on the roster come last game of the season.  I am guessing less than 50 percent.

27 minutes ago, interloper said:

I don't know if he qualifies as a liability in the same way that Trumbo and Mancini do in the outfield. That's a bit strong.

Davis was pretty bad in the field last year.  

Archived