MLB Lockout Thread

Can_of_corn

8 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I don't know, what's the percentage of very good or great players who finish top five in ROY?  Mussina, Bedard, Markakis, Roberts, Machado, Britton... none of them did.  Bonds finished 6th.  Beltre and Utley got no votes.  Abreu zero votes.  Vlad finished 6th. Miguel Tejada, no votes. Johnny Damon, Jim Thome, zero.  Jim Edmonds finished 8th.

A lot has to do with when you are brought up.   It’s almost impossible for a player called up in July- September to finish high in the RoY voting.   

55 minutes ago, orioles119 said:

I've been to OPACY, Memorial Stadium (although don't remember it very well as I was very young), Veterans Stadium (ASG '96), Citizens Bank Park, Nationals Park, RFK Stadium, Turner Field, and Petco in San Diego.

For me, it's Shea Stadium, Veterans Stadium, OPACY, Nationals Park, and the Trop.

Feinsand on MLB's Ballpark Dimensions podcast said a committee will decide metrics for divvying up the bonus pool, and that Fangraphs and Baseball-Reference both expressed some lack of comfort with "their numbers" affecting stuff.

They also had the fun take that Vlad and the 91-win Jays, if this was next year, would have that longshot lottery ticket on Druw Jones.

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

There's a new MLB rule inspired by one of the newest Orioles. 

Hanser Alberto must feel slighted he's not getting some credit:

November 2, 2018: Selected off waivers by the New York Yankees from the Texas Rangers.

January 11, 2019: Selected off waivers by the Baltimore Orioles from the New York Yankees.

February 22, 2019: Selected off waivers by the San Francisco Giants from the Baltimore Orioles.

March 1, 2019: Selected off waivers by the Baltimore Orioles from the San Francisco Giants.

What year did the 19 game intra-division schedule begin? This is actually the biggest and best of the rule changes. If NL batters have the DH now, they no longer have the inherent advantage so why not play every team? Actually makes interleague a touch more exciting and I'll get to see all of the NL's players now.

Just now, Orioles1954 said:

What year did the 19 game intra-division schedule begin? This is actually the biggest and best of the rule changes. If NL batters have the DH now, they no longer have the inherent advantage so why not play every team? Actually makes interleague a touch more exciting and I'll get to see all of the NL's players now.

The biggest reason would be all the extra travel.  At least one more cross country road trip for instance.

Baseball once again can’t get it right …. They should agree on a % of revenue that needs to spent on players and that money should go into a pool that is split evenly among the teams to make the game fair. 

Lots to address the selfishness of the players and owners ….nothing for the fans of the majority of teams not in New York, LA, or Boston.