2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Not great, but not every lineup can be a Picasso.  

I like this lineup. Kemp will see a ton of pitches in front of Gunnar/Adley. Cowser gets his shot. 

I expect we rough this dude up for 5+ then see our old buddy Lyles. Let’s make sure to welcome him right. 🥊 🪵 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I hope Cowser has a great game.  Best way to get more at bats is to hit well when given the opportunity.  

That's the way.

And it's no surprise the guys who were on the 101 win team last year are going to be playing now, and given some leash- and a lot more than 4 games too.

But performance will dictate playing time for all involved.

17 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I like this lineup. Kemp will see a ton of pitches in front of Gunnar/Adley. Cowser gets his shot. 

I expect we rough this dude up for 5+ then see our old buddy Lyles. Let’s make sure to welcome him right. 🥊 🪵 

Bro, you like everything and everyone 🤣

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Cowser better get 2 or more hits or Frobby will be saying see, this is why they play Hays all the time!  😁

No, but it’s unrealistic to think it doesn’t matter whether he hits .300 or .000 in his first 30 or so PA.  You can argue that it shouldn’t matter, but it will, depending on the underlying reasons for the results.

15 minutes ago, Frobby said:

No, but it’s unrealistic to think it doesn’t matter whether he hits .300 or .000 in his first 30 or so PA.  You can argue that it shouldn’t matter, but it will, depending on the underlying reasons for the results.

Yes, stupidity will reign supreme if he doesn’t do well in a SSS. No doubt about that.

22 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yes, stupidity will reign supreme if he doesn’t do well in a SSS. No doubt about that.

I don’t think the concerns about Cowser are based on a small sample size. He has had a significant issue with K’s over a lot of minor league AB’s.

22 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

He doesn't even need to do well, he just needs to do something. Westburg did something and he's stuck around, he's not exactly lighting the world on fire. Cowser will have to show something at some point. I think I'd start with a couple of singles and not being struck out so much.

Just now, DirtyBird said:

I don’t think the concerns about Cowser are based on a small sample size. He has had a significant issue with K’s over a lot of minor league AB’s.

Just now, DirtyBird said:

And OPS’ well into the 900s.  I’ll take that production, Ks or not.

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

And OPS’ well into the 900s.  I’ll take that production, Ks or not.

It is possible to be encouraged by his minor league production and still concerned about how that will transition to the majors, when there is a glaring weakness.

22 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

It is possible to be encouraged by his minor league production and still concerned about how that will transition to the majors, when there is a glaring weakness.

It’s also possible to not overreact to small sample sizes, panic or be stupid.